Girl freed from window bars of high-rise apartment in China
DAYE, China (KABC) -- A 5-year-old girl left alone in her apartment building in Daye, China, ended up almost losing her life when she climbed out of a 24th-floor window on Saturday.
The girl's head got caught between the window bars some 76 yards from the ground. She was left holding on to the railing until a neighbor heard her cry and called for help.
After firefighters cut the window bars with bolt cutters, a neighbor carefully reached the girl from a nearby window and helped pull her to safety.
ABC News contributed to this report.
rescue, world news
- Whittier standoff with hostage ends peacefully 16 min ago
- S. Korean ferry's slow evacuation probed
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect 12 min ago
- Investigators reenact fatal NorCal bus crash
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- Sriracha owner considers moving plant to TX?
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- Mount Everest avalanche: 6 killed, 9 missing
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Chelsea Clinton pregnant with 1st child
- Kittens accidentally shipped from LA to SD
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)