Girl freed from window bars of high-rise apartment in China
DAYE, China (KABC) -- A 5-year-old girl left alone in her apartment building in Daye, China, ended up almost losing her life when she climbed out of a 24th-floor window on Saturday.
The girl's head got caught between the window bars some 76 yards from the ground. She was left holding on to the railing until a neighbor heard her cry and called for help.
After firefighters cut the window bars with bolt cutters, a neighbor carefully reached the girl from a nearby window and helped pull her to safety.
ABC News contributed to this report.
rescue, world news
- Grapevine slowly reopens with CHP escorts 42 min ago
- Quick, cold front brings rain, chance of snow
- US vet Merrill Newman back in CA from NKorea
- 4 killed, 1 injured in San Clemente crash 35 min ago
- Hawthorne stabbing: 1 killed, probe underway
- 87-year-old rescued from OC mobile home fire
- Manhattan Beach offers free parking downtown
- Ex-detective arrested for tipping off gang
- New Mexico cop fired after minivan shooting
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world
- abcnews: Alleged cannibal ran hotel w/ grill area
- Smartphone apps for a better night's sleep
- 'Out of the Furnace' showcases pacing, acting
- OTRC: Brian the dog returning to 'Family Guy'?