Madeleine McCann case: Images released of man wanted for questioning
LONDON (KABC) -- UK police have released two composite drawings of a man they want to question in connection with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.
The 3-year-old British girl went missing from her parent's hotel room in Portugal in May 2007.
After first suspecting her parents, Scotland Yard is now looking at other persons of interest including the unidentified man in the sketches. The man was seen in the Praia da Luz town area around the time of Madeleine's disappearance.
The case was examined during an episode of the UK television show "Crimewatch."
"We are not the ones who have done something wrong here. It's the person who has gone into that apartment, taking a little girl away from her family," mother Kate McCann said during an interview on "Crimewatch."
The images were based on information from separate witnesses.
"The [images] are clear, and I'd ask the public to look very carefully at them," Det. Chief Inspector Andy Redwood said during an interview for the television show. "And if they know who this person is, please come forward."
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony 36 min ago
- abcnews: Dog helps Army vet overcome PTSD
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- OTRC: Stacy Keibler weds boyfriend Jared Pobre 27 min ago