Eye On L.A.
Interior designer is Hollywood's 'it' girl
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Los Angeles-based Kelly Wearstler is the "it" girl of the interior design world, with her services and products in high demand.
Wearstler is the creative mind behind some of the designs at the Viceroy Hotel.
"I always enjoyed drawing and playing around and making things. I remember when I was little I would take egg cartons and make things from that," said Wearstler. "I think that is when I knew."
It was her early love for creating that laid the foundation for Wearstler's future career.
Now the busy mother of two has six hotel projects on the horizon, as well as her own line of fabrics, wallpapers and rugs. She has already written three books, which you can find at bookstores and online, and she has three more on the way.
eye on l.a.
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured 2 min ago
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona 8 min ago
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Rain, winds moving across Southern California
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- School hacking: Tutor wanted for questioning
- Rodman in NKorea to prep for basketball game
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken 42 min ago
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Katie Couric's talk show to end this summer
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis
- Jeremy Renner discusses future roles
57 min ago