Eye On L.A.
Interior designer is Hollywood's 'it' girl
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Los Angeles-based Kelly Wearstler is the "it" girl of the interior design world, with her services and products in high demand.
Wearstler is the creative mind behind some of the designs at the Viceroy Hotel.
"I always enjoyed drawing and playing around and making things. I remember when I was little I would take egg cartons and make things from that," said Wearstler. "I think that is when I knew."
It was her early love for creating that laid the foundation for Wearstler's future career.
Now the busy mother of two has six hotel projects on the horizon, as well as her own line of fabrics, wallpapers and rugs. She has already written three books, which you can find at bookstores and online, and she has three more on the way.
eye on l.a.
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Pa.
- Missing plane sent satellite signals for hours
- 'Flasher' suspect sought for exposure in OC
- 3 dead in fiery crash in San Bernardino area
- LA inmate escapes hours after sentencing
- Big Bear Lake's pirate ship afloat again
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search
- abcnews: Dog's healing effects on 2 wounded vets
- Bail refused for ex-NFL player Darren Sharper
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- OTRC: Tina Fey talks 'Mean Girls' reunion rumors