Eye On L.A.
'Big' Porsche breaks the mold
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Usually, when you think of a Porsche, it's a cozy sports car with room for two, but new cars are changing that perception.
This new car wears the famous Porsche badge on the hood, but has an untraditional feature: four doors. The Porsche Panamera is a luxury sedan, but part sports car as well. There's also a big dose of practicality, with a big hatch leading to a big cargo area.
This is the second time Porsche has moved away from only making sports cars. The Cayenne SUV shocked many when it came out some six years ago.
The base Panamera moves along thanks to a 400 horsepower V8 engine. There is also a Panamera Turbo model with 500 horsepower and the speed to take on a race track. The basic S model lists for around $90,000.
eye on l.a.
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Stage collapse reported at Servite High School
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- abcnews: Teens save man stuck in sewer
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video