Mercedes-Benz awarded to Christine Manchester of Castaic
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Christine Manchester of Castaic is the lucky winner in our Mercedes-Benz giveaway on the ABC7 Facebook page.
The announcement was made during the ABC7 Eyewitness News show at 11 p.m. on Friday, March 9. Representatives from ABC7 spoke with Christine shortly after the on-air announcement.
The car was presented to Christine, her husband and their 6-year-old son by Meteorologist Dallas Raines in the ABC7 broadcast station parking lot on March 14.
Asked by Dallas if she was excited, Christine said, "That would be an understatement." Her old car had around 300,000 miles on it and couldn't even go in reverse anymore.
"Thank you ABC, thank you Mercedes, thank you God, thank you universe," she said.
Christine also thanked everyone on Facebook. Hundreds of people left comments congratulating her on our Facebook page.
Representatives from Mercedes-Benz showed Christine and her family some of the important safety features, like the collision warning system and electronic stability control, and then away she went in her brand new car.
Nearly 180,000 people entered the drawing, which was available to anyone on Facebook who 'liked' the ABC7 Facebook page. The winner was selected by a random computer drawing.
Entrants had to be 18 years of age and legal residents of the United States physically located and residing in Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, Eastern Kern, Inyo or Ventura counties in California ("viewing area"). Anyone who has worked for ABC7 now, or within the past six months, was not eligible to win the prize (nor their immediate family members or household members).
For everyone who entered, THANK YOU! We're so grateful you choose to like ABC7 on Facebook to stay up-to-date with complete breaking news and weather day after day.
Stay connected to the conversation, there's a lot more fun to come for our Facebook friends!
- Fast food workers protest, want $15 an hour
- US teacher killed in Benghazi: officials
- The Game raises money for family of slain boy
- Motorcycle officer struck by hit-run driver
- 2 deputies OK after crash on West 105 Freeway
- LA council OKs restrictions on e-cig sellers
- Cold snap moving across Southern California
- Idaho school bus crash: 1 child killed, 4 hurt 5 min ago
- Bratton picked as NYPD commissioner again
- Stolen truck with radioactive load found
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- Manhattan Toy Quixel baby rattles recalled 12 min ago
- Paul Walker autopsy results released
- OTRC: Beyonce posts bikini pics, goes on vegan diet
- Holiday headaches triggers to watch out for
59 min ago