Mercedes-Benz awarded to Christine Manchester of Castaic
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Christine Manchester of Castaic is the lucky winner in our Mercedes-Benz giveaway on the ABC7 Facebook page.
The announcement was made during the ABC7 Eyewitness News show at 11 p.m. on Friday, March 9. Representatives from ABC7 spoke with Christine shortly after the on-air announcement.
The car was presented to Christine, her husband and their 6-year-old son by Meteorologist Dallas Raines in the ABC7 broadcast station parking lot on March 14.
Asked by Dallas if she was excited, Christine said, "That would be an understatement." Her old car had around 300,000 miles on it and couldn't even go in reverse anymore.
"Thank you ABC, thank you Mercedes, thank you God, thank you universe," she said.
Christine also thanked everyone on Facebook. Hundreds of people left comments congratulating her on our Facebook page.
Representatives from Mercedes-Benz showed Christine and her family some of the important safety features, like the collision warning system and electronic stability control, and then away she went in her brand new car.
Nearly 180,000 people entered the drawing, which was available to anyone on Facebook who 'liked' the ABC7 Facebook page. The winner was selected by a random computer drawing.
Entrants had to be 18 years of age and legal residents of the United States physically located and residing in Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, Eastern Kern, Inyo or Ventura counties in California ("viewing area"). Anyone who has worked for ABC7 now, or within the past six months, was not eligible to win the prize (nor their immediate family members or household members).
For everyone who entered, THANK YOU! We're so grateful you choose to like ABC7 on Facebook to stay up-to-date with complete breaking news and weather day after day.
Stay connected to the conversation, there's a lot more fun to come for our Facebook friends!
- Glendora yard dug up in 35-year-old cold case 8 min ago
- OC sheriff's reserve sergeant found beaten 5 min ago
- UK attack driven by radical Islam - officials
- Model murder trial: Case in hands of jury
- Bill proposed to reduce night airport noise
- Los Angeles mayoral race: Eric Garcetti wins
- Injured volunteer wants thousands from hiker
- Okla. tornado tore through 13,000 buildings
- abcnews: US IDs 4 Americans killed by drones
- Arias jury stuck but must keep deliberating
- Curious about caviar? Class available in WeHo
- Virgin tops, Spirit flops in airline survey
- OTRC: Critics' Choice Television Awards nominees
- Tornado relief drives: More than $211K raised