Mercedes-Benz awarded to Christine Manchester of Castaic
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Christine Manchester of Castaic is the lucky winner in our Mercedes-Benz giveaway on the ABC7 Facebook page.
The announcement was made during the ABC7 Eyewitness News show at 11 p.m. on Friday, March 9. Representatives from ABC7 spoke with Christine shortly after the on-air announcement.
The car was presented to Christine, her husband and their 6-year-old son by Meteorologist Dallas Raines in the ABC7 broadcast station parking lot on March 14.
Asked by Dallas if she was excited, Christine said, "That would be an understatement." Her old car had around 300,000 miles on it and couldn't even go in reverse anymore.
"Thank you ABC, thank you Mercedes, thank you God, thank you universe," she said.
Christine also thanked everyone on Facebook. Hundreds of people left comments congratulating her on our Facebook page.
Representatives from Mercedes-Benz showed Christine and her family some of the important safety features, like the collision warning system and electronic stability control, and then away she went in her brand new car.
Nearly 180,000 people entered the drawing, which was available to anyone on Facebook who 'liked' the ABC7 Facebook page. The winner was selected by a random computer drawing.
Entrants had to be 18 years of age and legal residents of the United States physically located and residing in Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, Eastern Kern, Inyo or Ventura counties in California ("viewing area"). Anyone who has worked for ABC7 now, or within the past six months, was not eligible to win the prize (nor their immediate family members or household members).
For everyone who entered, THANK YOU! We're so grateful you choose to like ABC7 on Facebook to stay up-to-date with complete breaking news and weather day after day.
Stay connected to the conversation, there's a lot more fun to come for our Facebook friends!
- Rizzo gets 12 years in prison for corruption 4 min ago
- Jury deadlocks in OC distracted driving case 26 min ago
- 290 missing, 6 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster
- West Adams fire in converted garage injures 4
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault
- Possible 5th victim sought in serial murders
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: 10 most awful jobs for 2014 revealed
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced 31 min ago
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break