KABC-TV Public Inspection File
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Now you can view the KABC-TV Public Inspection File online.
Any person with disabilities who needs help accessing the content of the public file may call the Public Inspection File phone line at 818-863-7009.
For decades, the public file for each station has been kept at the station's main studio in paper form (or more recently in electronic form at some stations) and made available during normal business hours. Relying on the advantages of current technology, however, the FCC Commission has now changed its rules to require almost all of this public file information for television stations to be posted online. As a result, members of the public will be able to find station information more easily and at any time convenient to them, and television stations should, at least in the long term, experience a reduced compliance burden.
A station's public file currently includes both items that have to be filed with the Commission and items that are only available in the public file at the station. After August 2, 2012, almost all of these items will be gathered together and made available online. The items required to be in the public file, the rule section requiring each item to be placed in the file, and the retention period for each item, are listed below. A short, plain-language description of each item is also provided, but is included for convenience and should not be relied upon in place of the underlying rules' description of the item. The text of the public file rule section requiring each item to be placed in the file can be displayed by clicking on it. Exceptions to the online filing requirement for any of the below-listed public file items, if applicable, are noted in the description of the relevant item.
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Motorcycle officer injured in Mid-City crash
- Woman shot to death in Long Beach; no arrests
- Proposed power plant splits Palmdale, Lancaster
- Big Sur fire burns 769 acres; chance of rain 13 min ago
- Bipartisan budget deal nears final passage 33 min ago
- abcnews: Pope delivers Christmas message to serve poor
- India diplomat claims cavity search in NYC
- Ronnie Biggs, 'Great Train Robber,' dies at 84 56 min ago
- Video: 'American Hustle' takes you back to the '70s
- Photos: Brad Pitt over the years, 1991 to present