KABC-TV Public Inspection File
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Now you can view the KABC-TV Public Inspection File online.
Any person with disabilities who needs help accessing the content of the public file may call the Public Inspection File phone line at 818-863-7009.
For decades, the public file for each station has been kept at the station's main studio in paper form (or more recently in electronic form at some stations) and made available during normal business hours. Relying on the advantages of current technology, however, the FCC Commission has now changed its rules to require almost all of this public file information for television stations to be posted online. As a result, members of the public will be able to find station information more easily and at any time convenient to them, and television stations should, at least in the long term, experience a reduced compliance burden.
A station's public file currently includes both items that have to be filed with the Commission and items that are only available in the public file at the station. After August 2, 2012, almost all of these items will be gathered together and made available online. The items required to be in the public file, the rule section requiring each item to be placed in the file, and the retention period for each item, are listed below. A short, plain-language description of each item is also provided, but is included for convenience and should not be relied upon in place of the underlying rules' description of the item. The text of the public file rule section requiring each item to be placed in the file can be displayed by clicking on it. Exceptions to the online filing requirement for any of the below-listed public file items, if applicable, are noted in the description of the relevant item.
- Ex-LA deputy alleges corruption in department
- Winkler removed from Saugus school board
- Michael Hastings, BuzzFeed reporter, dies 14 min ago
- Video released in attack of transgender woman
- Prostitution bust at OC hotel - exclusive
- MTA bus drivers claim illness from pesticide
- Ex-USC professor on FBI wanted list arrested
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite
- NSA foiled 50+ terrorist plots - director
- abcnews: TWA 800 crash not accident - investigators 12 min ago
- Chrysler agrees to Jeep recall over fire risk
- Heat beat Spurs 103-100, force Game 7
- Michael Jackson's personal chef testifies
- OTRC: Lil Wayne talks on American flag controversy