In Your Community
Cool Kid helps lives younger than hers
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Cool Kid Serina Bravo is hoping to make a difference in the lives of those even younger than her. She also hopes to continue that mission to her dream job.
"I just like working with kids and I love interacting with them and helping them learn new things and watching them grow," said Serina.
Serina stands out as a volunteer who gives these kids something extra.
"She also helps children who need a little more direction which they don't realize that they're learning while having fun and interacting with exhibits," said librarian Kimberly Powell.
In fact, it is her affinity for children that has made clear her career goal.
"I wanted to be a doctor at first but didn't know what kind of doctor," said Serina. "And then I realized I loved kids so much so I wanted to be a doctor that worked with kids. So, I thought pediatrician is the perfect job from me."
Serina knows that she can make a difference and that gives her a great feeling.
"My heart just fills with joy because I know that if I can impact one child's life, then I have shaped their future possibly for the better," said Serina.
Serina Bravo is a cool kid that opens the world to the children of her community.
in your community, danny romero
- Bell corruption trial: Jury reaches verdict 47 min ago
- 18 indicted in LA Sheriff's Dept abuse probe 10 min ago
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Houseguest arrested after 80-year-old's death
- Glendale man gets 5 yrs in 'sextortion' case 10 min ago
- 'Button-down' Bandit' strikes Corona bank
- Man arrested for Ventura transient's murder
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment
- Storm snarls travel; power outages persist 23 min ago
- abcnews: Gun makers thriving year after Newtown 33 min ago
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's uncle
- 'Sound of Music' actress Eleanor Parker dies 38 min ago
- Jenni Rivera plane crash: New details emerge
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke