In Your Community
Garth the Elf helps Stuff-A-Bus in Anaheim
ANAHEIM, Calif. -- All day Friday, Orange County residents can help Garth the Elf in Anaheim Stuff-A-Bus with toys for less-fortunate children.
Here's your chance to make the holidays special for less-fortunate children. Our annual Spark of Love toy drive is under way. Just drop off a new, unwrapped toy or sports equipment to any fire station. You can also donate online.
On three Fridays in December, from 5 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., you can help ABC7's Garth Kemp (dressed as a giant elf) will be at the Honda Center to stuff a bus full of toys until 6:30 p.m.
Amy from Disney on Ice was on scene to help distribute free tickets to Disney on Ice show for those who donate toys.
A woman from Whittier brought toys and donuts for Garth the Elf. She said she was on her way to work in downtown L.A., but wanted to make the detour to drop off toys because she heard there was a toy shortage.
"I wanted to make sure everybody got a little bit of Christmas," she said.
benefit, charity, christmas, community activity, in your community, garth kemp
- 2 LB suspects accused of human trafficking
- Anaheim begins closing marijuana dispensaries
- Odor forces evacuation of Pasadena building
- Memorial Day: Gas prices aren't stopping drivers
- Palmdale boy dies after allegedly being tortured
- Are bridges in Southern California safe?
- LA attempted murder suspect caught in Colo.
- Committee approves dental care to Medi-Cal 38 min ago
- Truck in bridge collapse had permit to cross
- UK-bound Pakistan plane diverted; 2 arrested
- abcnews: New clues to 'frustrated' Boston suspect
- New flu vaccine made from tobacco plant in works
- 'The Rock' returns for 'Fast & Furious 6'
- OTRC: Leonardo DiCaprio space trip nabs $1.5 mill