In Your Community
Garth the Elf helps Stuff-A-Bus in Anaheim
ANAHEIM, Calif. -- All day Friday, Orange County residents can help Garth the Elf in Anaheim Stuff-A-Bus with toys for less-fortunate children.
Here's your chance to make the holidays special for less-fortunate children. Our annual Spark of Love toy drive is under way. Just drop off a new, unwrapped toy or sports equipment to any fire station. You can also donate online.
On three Fridays in December, from 5 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., you can help ABC7's Garth Kemp (dressed as a giant elf) will be at the Honda Center to stuff a bus full of toys until 6:30 p.m.
Amy from Disney on Ice was on scene to help distribute free tickets to Disney on Ice show for those who donate toys.
A woman from Whittier brought toys and donuts for Garth the Elf. She said she was on her way to work in downtown L.A., but wanted to make the detour to drop off toys because she heard there was a toy shortage.
"I wanted to make sure everybody got a little bit of Christmas," she said.
benefit, charity, christmas, community activity, in your community, garth kemp
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Stage collapse reported at Servite High School
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- abcnews: Teens save man stuck in sewer
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video