In Your Community
Garth the Elf helps Stuff-A-Bus in Cerritos
CERRITOS, Calif. (KABC) -- Here's your chance to make the holidays special for less-fortunate children. Our annual Spark of Love Toy Drive is under way.
Residents helped ABC7's Garth Kemp (dressed as a giant elf) Stuff-A-Bus full of toys Thursday at Los Cerritos Center, bringing new, unwrapped toys or sports equipment for less fortunate children.
It was the first time ABC7 was at Los Cerritos Center for Stuff-A-Bus, and it was packed, with residents streaming in with toys, games, stuffed animals and athletic equipment.
Friends from JAKKS brought about 28,000 toys to the event, including Disney princesses, Pokemans and sparkle kits.
- Interactive map: Stuff-A-Bus location, directions
- More info: Spark Of Love Toy Drive
- Donate online: Credit cards accepted
You can also drop off new toys at any CVS/pharmacy or fire station, or donate online.
For 18 years, ABC7 and firefighters from Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino and Ventura counties, along with the Los Angeles City Fire Department, have joined forces to run the "Spark of Love Toy Drive". This campaign collects new, unwrapped toys and sports equipment for the under served children in our communities.
Toys collected in the respective counties are distributed locally. Last year alone, "Spark of Love" collected over 500,000 toys within all five counties and we want to top that total this year, so please help the firefighter's ignite a spark of love in a child's heart.
benefit, charity, in your community, garth kemp
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled 43 min ago
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- 4.6-magnitude Mexico quake felt in SoCal
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis
- Cool Kid helps children with special needs
25 min ago
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
1 min ago