In Your Community
'ABC7 Listens' visits Long Beach
LONG BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- More than 200 people packed into an auditorium at the Museum of Latin American Art in Long Beach on Wednesday night to discuss the issues affecting their community.
Participants made their case to ABC7's top management in what was another in a series of ABC7 Listens community meetings. Anchor Marc Brown was the moderator.
The discussion was centered mostly around downtown redevelopment and affordable housing. Viewers also got to share their concerns and impressions of the station's news coverage.
"The more we get on shows, the more people we can reach and tell our real story," said Cinde Soto of Long Beach.
"This forum is incredibly helpful," said another Long Beach resident, Susane Browne. "We're looking for every opportunity we can to bring people together, help them feel enfranchised and have community leaders speak their voices."
Are there issues and concerns in your community you would like ABC7 to know about? You can request an ABC7 Listens meeting in your town by e-mailing the station at email@example.com
abc, community activity, long beach, in your community, robert holguin
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified 16 min ago
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim
- Torrance donut shop robbery: Suspect sought
- Man found dead after house fire in Orange
- 405 accidents snarl Sepulveda Pass commute
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation
- Judge strikes down Utah's same-sex marriage ban 35 min ago
- abcnews: Service dog sniffs out girl's disease
- London theater collapse: Aging venues safe?
- Casey Kasem conservatorship deal reached 44 min ago
- Harry Potter play in the works by J.K. Rowling
- OTRC: Phil Robertson's fam talk 'Duck Dynasty' future