In Your Community
'ABC7 Listens' visits Long Beach
LONG BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- More than 200 people packed into an auditorium at the Museum of Latin American Art in Long Beach on Wednesday night to discuss the issues affecting their community.
Participants made their case to ABC7's top management in what was another in a series of ABC7 Listens community meetings. Anchor Marc Brown was the moderator.
The discussion was centered mostly around downtown redevelopment and affordable housing. Viewers also got to share their concerns and impressions of the station's news coverage.
"The more we get on shows, the more people we can reach and tell our real story," said Cinde Soto of Long Beach.
"This forum is incredibly helpful," said another Long Beach resident, Susane Browne. "We're looking for every opportunity we can to bring people together, help them feel enfranchised and have community leaders speak their voices."
Are there issues and concerns in your community you would like ABC7 to know about? You can request an ABC7 Listens meeting in your town by e-mailing the station at email@example.com
abc, community activity, long beach, in your community, robert holguin
- James Gandolfini of 'Sopranos' dies at 51
- Tip led to ex-USC professor's Mexico arrest
- Hollywood panhandlers allegedly kill LA woman
- OC caregiver arrested for alleged sex assault
- East LA chase reaches speeds close to 120 mph
- Fugitive child-abuse couple seen in Maywood
- Wrong-way driver charged with DUI in 14 pile-up
- West Hills murder suspect pleads not guilty
- FBI busts international sports gambling ring
- Afghan leader suspends talks with Taliban, US
- abcnews: Marine returns from war as underwear model
- Piedmont beef's lower fat entices connoisseurs
- Michael Jackson chef describes confrontation
- OTRC: 'Anchorman 2' new trailer (Video)