In Your Community
'ABC7 Listens' visits Long Beach
LONG BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- More than 200 people packed into an auditorium at the Museum of Latin American Art in Long Beach on Wednesday night to discuss the issues affecting their community.
Participants made their case to ABC7's top management in what was another in a series of ABC7 Listens community meetings. Anchor Marc Brown was the moderator.
The discussion was centered mostly around downtown redevelopment and affordable housing. Viewers also got to share their concerns and impressions of the station's news coverage.
"The more we get on shows, the more people we can reach and tell our real story," said Cinde Soto of Long Beach.
"This forum is incredibly helpful," said another Long Beach resident, Susane Browne. "We're looking for every opportunity we can to bring people together, help them feel enfranchised and have community leaders speak their voices."
Are there issues and concerns in your community you would like ABC7 to know about? You can request an ABC7 Listens meeting in your town by e-mailing the station at email@example.com
abc, community activity, long beach, in your community, robert holguin
- Body found at Anaheim trash center identified
- Russia calls on Ukraine to be a federal state
- Man high on meth terrorizes Covina family
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- 4.7-magnitude earthquake strikes LA area 11 min ago
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Santa Monica building fire leaves 5 people hurt
- Male remains found in Gorman - investigators
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- abcnews: Delta plane loses part of wing mid-air
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios for $32 million
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians