In Your Community
Rob Fukuzaki honored at 'All for the Love of Kids'
ARCADIA, Calif. (KABC) -- It's a big honor for ABC7's Rob Fukuzaki, and it's "All for the Love of Kids."
That's the title of the Los Angeles County Department of Children and Family Services' (DCFS) annual fundraiser.
On Thursday, Fukuzaki was honored by Supervisor Michael Antonovich for his "Heads up Youth Foundation."
Fukuzaki's parents were there to see him recognized for the youth program he created to help the DCFS trust fund help foster children and thousands of other disadvantaged kids.
"We can't do enough for our children," said Neil Zanville from DCFS. "We just want the public to be aware that we support our kids any way we can, but we need their support as well. We need concerned citizens to step up and help out and partner with us."
Along with Fukuzaki, the trust fund honored L.A. County Sheriff's Sgt. Tony Campbell for his work with kids in need.
abc, community activity, in your community
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed 7 min ago
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- 'Luger Bandit' bank robbery suspect caught
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Solvang ordnance scare prompts evacuations
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break