In Your Community
$80,000 donation to Spark of Love Toy Drive thanks to your 'likes'
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Over the last few weeks, we challenged our viewers to encourage family and friends to 'like' ABC7 on Facebook, as each click equaled a $1 donation to the Spark of Love Toy Drive. 80,000 of you did just that, and that means $80,000 is being donated, with the help of our partners.
THANK YOU! The awesome support of folks in Southern California means so much to those of us at ABC7, the firefighters and of course the kids.
We set out this holiday season with an original goal of 70,000 likes, but we reached that mark early, on Sunday, Dec. 18. Rather than quit, we extended the challenge and asked for another 10,000 likes in the final week before Christmas. And once again, our viewers came through and achieved the goal early.
As of Wednesday night, over 80,000 people have 'liked' ABC7 on Facebook, and you can too. Our Facebook page is an excellent source for breaking news, weather updates, and conversation.
For 19 years, ABC7 and firefighters from Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino and Ventura counties, along with the Los Angeles City Fire Department, have joined forces to run the Spark of Love Toy Drive. This campaign collects new, unwrapped toys and sports equipment for the underserved children in our communities.
Toys collected in the respective counties are distributed locally. Last year alone, Spark of Love collected over 500,000 toys within all five counties and we want to top that total this year, so please help the firefighters ignite a spark of love in a child's heart!
spark of love toy drive, in your community
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Indio High students, faculty tested for TB
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support 50 min ago
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Jewelry shopping tips: How to avoid rip-offs
- Ned Vizzini, popular author, dies at age 32
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)