In Your Community
Man gives neighbor battling cancer $500 from Pay It Forward
RIVERSIDE, Calif. (KABC) -- We've been asking our viewers to log onto our Facebook page and tell us how they'd like to join our Pay It Foward campaign, where we give viewers $500 so they can pay it forward to someone else.
Our second Pay It Forward Facebook recipient is Anthony Kardoes of Riverside. He told Inland Empire bureau chief Rob McMillan that he knew just who he planned to give the money to: his neighbors, Don and Peg. Peg is currently in the hospital battling pancreatic cancer.
"Funny thing is, when I talked him a while ago, he was telling me that he and his wife have to figure out some way to pay the bills because they're coming up due and they just need some way," Kardoes said. "And I thought, 'This would be perfect.'"
Kardoes and his wife, Carrie, said Don and Peg are dear friends who are always ready to help when it's needed. Now, the Kardoeses are happy to pay it forward to their neighbors in their time of difficulty.
Want to Pay It Forward? Tell us who you think deserves $500 on the Pay It Forward tab on our Facebook page. Every week until March 30, 2012, one person will be selected at random to receive $500 to Pay It Forward.
charity, in your community, rob mcmillan
- Ex-LA deputy alleges corruption in department 14 min ago
- Video released in attack of transgender woman
- Prostitution bust at OC hotel - exclusive
- MTA bus drivers claim illness from pesticide
- Torrance man sues over Dorner police shooting
- LA plastic-bag ban tentatively approved
- Michael Hastings, BuzzFeed reporter, dies
- Ex-USC professor on FBI wanted list arrested
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite
- NSA foiled 50+ terrorist plots - director
- abcnews: NFL star's home searched after killing
- Heat beat Spurs 103-100, force Game 7
- Michael Jackson's personal chef testifies
- OTRC: Lil Wayne talks on American flag controversy