In Your Community
Positive mom battling tough job market gets $500
WATTS, Calif. (KABC) -- The need in parts of the Watts community is great, which is why Tracy Titus wanted to give so badly.
Titus logged on to the ABC7 Facebook page to tell us about her friend, Ester "Martha" Lazo.
Lazo is a single parent of two and is currently out of work. Her car recently died, she struggles to pay the rent and has been forced to move several times.
Titus says through it all, Lazo has managed to keep a smile on her face, which is why Titus was grateful to pay it forward.
When Titus handed her friend the money, Lazo's surprised face said it all.
"I'm just totally surprised," Lazo said. "I'm just so shy and I would never be thinking people would be doing something like that, it's just amazing."
Lazo said the money will go to her kids She introduced us to her daughter, and also told us about her son.
"I have another son, he's 8 years old and goes to school, and having just to get him his clothes is hard," she said.
In the end, Titus seemed to be just as grateful as Lazo to be a part of Pay it Forward.
"From the bottom of my heart, it feels so good to me to be able to give to the people that I love so much," Titus said.
Want to Pay It Forward? Tell us who you think deserves $500 on the Pay It Forward tab on our Facebook page. Every week until March 30, 2012, one person will be selected at random to receive $500 to Pay It Forward.
charity, in your community, elex michaelson
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood 20 min ago
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Bitcoin mystery: CA man denies being creator
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- Crimean, Russian politicians talk referendum 33 min ago
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Angelina Jolie talks 'Maleficent,' daughter