In Your Community
Man laid off after brain surgery gets $500
RANCHO CUCAMONGA, Calif. (KABC) -- Deborah Schultz of Rancho Cucamonga is the latest Pay It Forward winner from Facebook and has decided to help her friend, Mike Danalewich, who recently underwent brain surgery.
He's been laid off since the surgery. He and his wife, Angie, have been struggling to provide for their family.
Schultz was thrilled at having the chance to help Danalewich.
"I felt special. It's a good program, I'm glad to see ABC7 doing this," she said. "There's a lot of people that need help today, so I think your timing is perfect. For me, it's like, oh my goodness, this is really exciting. I was really excited!"
Want to Pay It Forward? Tell us who you think deserves $500 on the Pay It Forward tab on our Facebook page. Every week until March 30, 2012, one person will be selected at random to receive $500 to Pay It Forward.
charity, in your community, elex michaelson
- LA earthquake: 4.4-mag. quake shakes SoCal
- Body found at Anaheim trash center identified
- Video: Stranded man rescued from Castaic crash
- Crimea declares independence; West hits back 24 min ago
- Burbank couple rescues child with mattress 17 min ago
- Man high on meth terrorizes Covina family
- Newport Beach Little League suspension lifted
- Santa Monica building fire leaves 5 people hurt
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- Malaysian plane search expands further 20 min ago
- abcnews: Woman says Scientology tore apart her family 24 min ago
- SEALs take oil tanker from Libyan rebels 49 min ago
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios for $32 million
- OTRC: 'The Walking Dead' recap: Season 4, ep 14