In Your Community
Man laid off after brain surgery gets $500
RANCHO CUCAMONGA, Calif. (KABC) -- Deborah Schultz of Rancho Cucamonga is the latest Pay It Forward winner from Facebook and has decided to help her friend, Mike Danalewich, who recently underwent brain surgery.
He's been laid off since the surgery. He and his wife, Angie, have been struggling to provide for their family.
Schultz was thrilled at having the chance to help Danalewich.
"I felt special. It's a good program, I'm glad to see ABC7 doing this," she said. "There's a lot of people that need help today, so I think your timing is perfect. For me, it's like, oh my goodness, this is really exciting. I was really excited!"
Want to Pay It Forward? Tell us who you think deserves $500 on the Pay It Forward tab on our Facebook page. Every week until March 30, 2012, one person will be selected at random to receive $500 to Pay It Forward.
charity, in your community, elex michaelson
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited 9 min ago
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- School hacking: Tutor wanted for questioning
- Rodman in NKorea to prep for basketball game
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Katie Couric's talk show to end this summer
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis