In Your Community
Man laid off after brain surgery gets $500
RANCHO CUCAMONGA, Calif. (KABC) -- Deborah Schultz of Rancho Cucamonga is the latest Pay It Forward winner from Facebook and has decided to help her friend, Mike Danalewich, who recently underwent brain surgery.
He's been laid off since the surgery. He and his wife, Angie, have been struggling to provide for their family.
Schultz was thrilled at having the chance to help Danalewich.
"I felt special. It's a good program, I'm glad to see ABC7 doing this," she said. "There's a lot of people that need help today, so I think your timing is perfect. For me, it's like, oh my goodness, this is really exciting. I was really excited!"
Want to Pay It Forward? Tell us who you think deserves $500 on the Pay It Forward tab on our Facebook page. Every week until March 30, 2012, one person will be selected at random to receive $500 to Pay It Forward.
charity, in your community, elex michaelson
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- 292 missing, 4 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster
- West Adams fire in converted garage injures 4
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault 27 min ago
- Possible 5th victim sought in serial murders 37 min ago
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- Suspects approach women at UC Riverside dorm
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- abcnews: 10 most awful jobs for 2014 revealed 23 min ago
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- Ultimate Warrior cause of death revealed
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels concerts