In Your Community
Man laid off after brain surgery gets $500
RANCHO CUCAMONGA, Calif. (KABC) -- Deborah Schultz of Rancho Cucamonga is the latest Pay It Forward winner from Facebook and has decided to help her friend, Mike Danalewich, who recently underwent brain surgery.
He's been laid off since the surgery. He and his wife, Angie, have been struggling to provide for their family.
Schultz was thrilled at having the chance to help Danalewich.
"I felt special. It's a good program, I'm glad to see ABC7 doing this," she said. "There's a lot of people that need help today, so I think your timing is perfect. For me, it's like, oh my goodness, this is really exciting. I was really excited!"
Want to Pay It Forward? Tell us who you think deserves $500 on the Pay It Forward tab on our Facebook page. Every week until March 30, 2012, one person will be selected at random to receive $500 to Pay It Forward.
charity, in your community, elex michaelson
- Gunman at large in East LA party shooting
- Drug boat washes ashore in Manhattan Beach
- 2 LB suspects accused of human trafficking
- Anaheim begins closing marijuana dispensaries
- OC teen to be tried as adult in dad beating
- OC thieves sought for smash-grab robbery 14 min ago
- Ex-PTA president allegedly stole candy funds
- Ex-Compton deputy fire chief out on bail
- AZ sheriff's office profiles Latinos - judge
- London attack: Suspect's friend questioned
- abcnews: WWII medals back after mistaken donation
- Rogers, gay soccer player, joins LA Galaxy
- 'The Rock' returns for 'Fast & Furious 6'
- OTRC: Blake Shelton's Oklahoma benefit concert
- Man walks tightrope at Austria cathedral
5 min ago