In Your Community
Revlon Run/Walk participants hit pavement for good cause
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Tens of thousands of people hit the pavement to take part in the Entertainment Industry Foundation's Revlon Run/Walk for Women at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum in Exposition Park on Saturday.
The event has been going strong for 19 years. Over that time, tens of millions of dollars have been raised to fund breast and ovarian cancer treatments.
"We will raise a few million dollars today in just Los Angeles alone and over the history of this event we have distributed over $65 million between Los Angeles and New York," said Cathy James of the Entertainment Industry Foundation.
You can connect also with us on Facebook by uploading a photo of the most courageous woman you know at facebook.com/abc7community.
The Revlon Run/Walk is one of the largest fundraisers in the country for women's cancers and the event is backed by the Entertainment Industry Foundation. ABC7 is a proud sponsor of the event every year.
cancer, women's health, health, medical research, community activity, in your community, elex michaelson
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide
- Malaysia air force: Jet may have turned back 21 min ago
- Coach pleads no contest to molesting girls
- LAPD crash: Funeral services announced
- Portion of 405 South to close for 2 nights
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed
- 5-alarm fire burns at San Francisco building 5 min ago
- CVS allegedly lost track of 37K painkillers
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book