In Your Community
Revlon Run/Walk participants hit pavement for good cause
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Tens of thousands of people hit the pavement to take part in the Entertainment Industry Foundation's Revlon Run/Walk for Women at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum in Exposition Park on Saturday.
The event has been going strong for 19 years. Over that time, tens of millions of dollars have been raised to fund breast and ovarian cancer treatments.
"We will raise a few million dollars today in just Los Angeles alone and over the history of this event we have distributed over $65 million between Los Angeles and New York," said Cathy James of the Entertainment Industry Foundation.
You can connect also with us on Facebook by uploading a photo of the most courageous woman you know at facebook.com/abc7community.
The Revlon Run/Walk is one of the largest fundraisers in the country for women's cancers and the event is backed by the Entertainment Industry Foundation. ABC7 is a proud sponsor of the event every year.
cancer, women's health, health, medical research, community activity, in your community, elex michaelson
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- Operation Crossover targets liquor thieves 42 min ago
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- 'Luger Bandit' bank robbery suspect caught
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Solvang ordinance scare prompts evacuations 35 min ago
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break