In Your Community
Revlon Run/Walk participants hit pavement for good cause
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Tens of thousands of people hit the pavement to take part in the Entertainment Industry Foundation's Revlon Run/Walk for Women at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum in Exposition Park on Saturday.
The event has been going strong for 19 years. Over that time, tens of millions of dollars have been raised to fund breast and ovarian cancer treatments.
"We will raise a few million dollars today in just Los Angeles alone and over the history of this event we have distributed over $65 million between Los Angeles and New York," said Cathy James of the Entertainment Industry Foundation.
You can connect also with us on Facebook by uploading a photo of the most courageous woman you know at facebook.com/abc7community.
The Revlon Run/Walk is one of the largest fundraisers in the country for women's cancers and the event is backed by the Entertainment Industry Foundation. ABC7 is a proud sponsor of the event every year.
cancer, women's health, health, medical research, community activity, in your community, elex michaelson
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet 14 min ago
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Driver shot, injured on 14 Fwy in Palmdale
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs 3 min ago
- Boy, 11, on scooter struck by tractor-trailer 44 min ago
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Big Sur wildfire is now fully contained
- BART, labor union leaders reach new deal
- NJ mall carjacking, shooting: 4 men arrested
- US holiday travelers brace for foul weather
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt
- Beyonce surprises fans at Mass. Wal-Mart
- OTRC: 13 Best TV Shows of 2013 (with spoilers)