In Your Community
Free disaster preparedness classes in El Monte, LA - register today
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The American Red Cross is offering two free disaster preparedness workshops, one in El Monte and another in Los Angeles.
The one-hour classes targeting youth and seniors will teach residents how to prepare for disaster by assembling a kit, making a plan and being informed.
The first workshop will take place Thursday, July 26, at El Monte Jack Crippen Senior Center at 3120 N. Tyler Avenue, El Monte, CA, 91731. Three classes will be held that day at 10:30 a.m., 11:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.
The second workshop will take place Tuesday, July 31, at Puente Learning Center East Los Angeles campus at 501 S. Boyle Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90033. Two classes will be held, one in English at 10:30 a.m. and another in Spanish at 11:30 a.m. All participants will also receive a free personal first-aid kit.
For more information, call (626) 447-2193 or visit redcrossla.org.
in your community
- Body found in canyon ID'd as Maribel Ramos
- Castaic-area brush fire nears containment
- CA task force aims to control gun ownership
- Greuel, Garcetti vie for last-minute votes
- Couple arrested in LA pot grow operation 54 min ago
- OC church burglary suspect in custody
- Yosemite park's tourist amenities at stake
- Frazier Park fire: Crews gain upper hand
- Ricin letter case: FBI searches WA apartment 46 min ago
- Tornado-ravaged Texas town to start recovery
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- abcnews: Flesh-eating bacteria survivor's bionic hands
- OTRC: Jennifer Lopez debuts 'Live It Up' video