In Your Community
Free disaster preparedness classes in El Monte, LA - register today
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The American Red Cross is offering two free disaster preparedness workshops, one in El Monte and another in Los Angeles.
The one-hour classes targeting youth and seniors will teach residents how to prepare for disaster by assembling a kit, making a plan and being informed.
The first workshop will take place Thursday, July 26, at El Monte Jack Crippen Senior Center at 3120 N. Tyler Avenue, El Monte, CA, 91731. Three classes will be held that day at 10:30 a.m., 11:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.
The second workshop will take place Tuesday, July 31, at Puente Learning Center East Los Angeles campus at 501 S. Boyle Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90033. Two classes will be held, one in English at 10:30 a.m. and another in Spanish at 11:30 a.m. All participants will also receive a free personal first-aid kit.
For more information, call (626) 447-2193 or visit redcrossla.org.
in your community
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East
- Men w/ stolen passports on jet 'not terrorists'
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants