In Your Community
Free disaster preparedness classes in El Monte, LA - register today
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The American Red Cross is offering two free disaster preparedness workshops, one in El Monte and another in Los Angeles.
The one-hour classes targeting youth and seniors will teach residents how to prepare for disaster by assembling a kit, making a plan and being informed.
The first workshop will take place Thursday, July 26, at El Monte Jack Crippen Senior Center at 3120 N. Tyler Avenue, El Monte, CA, 91731. Three classes will be held that day at 10:30 a.m., 11:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.
The second workshop will take place Tuesday, July 31, at Puente Learning Center East Los Angeles campus at 501 S. Boyle Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90033. Two classes will be held, one in English at 10:30 a.m. and another in Spanish at 11:30 a.m. All participants will also receive a free personal first-aid kit.
For more information, call (626) 447-2193 or visit redcrossla.org.
in your community
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains
- OC crash kills 4; alcohol, speed suspected
- US vet Merrill Newman back in CA from NKorea
- Fire hits Loyola Marymount University dorm
- Large sinkhole closes Woodland Hills road
- 87-year-old rescued from OC mobile home fire
- Salvation Army bell-ringer breaks record in IE
- Mandela's family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- abcnews: Alleged cannibal ran hotel w/ grill area
- Stanford beats ASU 38-14 in Pac-12 title game
- Auction features items from Nancy Drew author
- Photos: Jennifer Lopez at March of Dimes event