In Your Community
Spark of Love Toy Drive gifts delivered to Southern California children
UPLAND, Calif. (KABC) -- The holiday season was much brighter this year for children across Southern California thanks to generous ABC7 Eyewitness News viewers.
On Saturday, toys were distributed from ABC7's Spark of Love Toy Drive. Hundreds of kids lined up in Upland. Firefighters also handed out donations at St. Vincent de Paul in Santa Ana. Families there started lining up early to get the gifts.
On Friday alone, we stuffed 14 buses full of toys at the Honda Center in Anaheim. Last week, generous donors helped stuff a total of 7 1/2 buses in Canoga Park.
For 20 years, ABC7 and firefighters from Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino and Ventura counties, along with the Los Angeles City Fire Department, have joined forces to run the Spark of Love Toy Drive. This campaign collects new, unwrapped toys and sports equipment for the under served children in our communities.
Toys collected in the respective counties are distributed locally. Last year alone, Spark of Love collected over 500,000 toys within all five counties and we want to top that total this year, so please help the firefighter's ignite a spark of love in a child's heart.
spark of love toy drive, stuff a bus, garth the elf, benefit, charity, in your community
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found 23 min ago
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- Pomona man hurt in shooting; suspect sought 34 min ago
- 2 pedestrians struck, killed on Norwalk street
- Lancaster fight leads to double stabbing
- Westminster deadly car crash: Driver sought
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- Photos: Aaron Paul, wife at 'Need For Speed' premiere