In Your Community
Spark of Love Toy Drive gifts delivered to Southern California children
UPLAND, Calif. (KABC) -- The holiday season was much brighter this year for children across Southern California thanks to generous ABC7 Eyewitness News viewers.
On Saturday, toys were distributed from ABC7's Spark of Love Toy Drive. Hundreds of kids lined up in Upland. Firefighters also handed out donations at St. Vincent de Paul in Santa Ana. Families there started lining up early to get the gifts.
On Friday alone, we stuffed 14 buses full of toys at the Honda Center in Anaheim. Last week, generous donors helped stuff a total of 7 1/2 buses in Canoga Park.
For 20 years, ABC7 and firefighters from Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino and Ventura counties, along with the Los Angeles City Fire Department, have joined forces to run the Spark of Love Toy Drive. This campaign collects new, unwrapped toys and sports equipment for the under served children in our communities.
Toys collected in the respective counties are distributed locally. Last year alone, Spark of Love collected over 500,000 toys within all five counties and we want to top that total this year, so please help the firefighter's ignite a spark of love in a child's heart.
spark of love toy drive, stuff a bus, garth the elf, benefit, charity, in your community
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- Yucaipa High teacher accused of sex with teen
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- 15-yr-old arrested after assaulting IE senior 9 min ago
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- SKorean sunken ferry captain, 2 crew arrested
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Rooney to be buried at Hollywood Forever 43 min ago
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour