In Your Community
EIF Revlon Run/Walk for Women honors survivors, memories of loved ones
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The Entertainment Industry Foundation's Revlon Run/Walk for Women on Saturday drew cancer survivors as well as those honoring the memories of loved ones.
The event, which kicked off in 1994, took place at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum at Exposition Park, where more than 30,000 people were expected to hit the pavement.
The EIF Revlon Run/Walk events in Los Angeles and New York have raised over $65 million over the years to support research, deliver treatment services for medically underserved women and provide support to women facing cancer and their loved ones.
The goal for the Los Angeles event this year is $3 million. You can register on site or if you can't make it, you can donate online at www.revlonrunwalk.org.
ABC7 is a very proud sponsor of the event. Eyewitness News anchors Michelle Tuzee and Ellen Leyva are mistresses of ceremonies. Marc Brown, Phillip Palmer, Garth Kemp and Alysha Del Valle will also be there to hand out water to the participants at the 2-mile water station.
cancer, women's health, health, medical research, community activity, in your community, elex michaelson
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen 18 min ago
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- SKorea ferry accident: 10 more bodies pulled 14 min ago
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt 10 min ago
- Yucaipa High teacher accused of sex with teen
- Woman assaulted near Pizza Hut in Lancaster
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Rooney to be buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour