In Your Community
EIF Revlon Run/Walk for Women honors survivors, memories of loved ones
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The Entertainment Industry Foundation's Revlon Run/Walk for Women on Saturday drew cancer survivors as well as those honoring the memories of loved ones.
The event, which kicked off in 1994, took place at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum at Exposition Park, where more than 30,000 people were expected to hit the pavement.
The EIF Revlon Run/Walk events in Los Angeles and New York have raised over $65 million over the years to support research, deliver treatment services for medically underserved women and provide support to women facing cancer and their loved ones.
The goal for the Los Angeles event this year is $3 million. You can register on site or if you can't make it, you can donate online at www.revlonrunwalk.org.
ABC7 is a very proud sponsor of the event. Eyewitness News anchors Michelle Tuzee and Ellen Leyva are mistresses of ceremonies. Marc Brown, Phillip Palmer, Garth Kemp and Alysha Del Valle will also be there to hand out water to the participants at the 2-mile water station.
cancer, women's health, health, medical research, community activity, in your community, elex michaelson
- Spaccia convicted in Bell corruption trial
- 18 indicted in LA Sheriff's Dept abuse probe
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Houseguest arrested after 80-year-old's death
- OCTA votes against 405 Freeway toll lanes 45 min ago
- Informant speaks out on jail abuse probe 5 min ago
- Glendale man gets 5 yrs in 'sextortion' case
- 'Button-down' Bandit' strikes Corona bank
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment
- abcnews: Gun makers thriving year after Newtown
- Storm snarls travel; power outages persist
- How healthy is flavoring up your water? 1 min ago
- Jenni Rivera plane crash: New details emerge
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke