In Your Community
EIF Revlon Run/Walk for Women honors survivors, memories of loved ones
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The Entertainment Industry Foundation's Revlon Run/Walk for Women on Saturday drew cancer survivors as well as those honoring the memories of loved ones.
The event, which kicked off in 1994, took place at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum at Exposition Park, where more than 30,000 people were expected to hit the pavement.
The EIF Revlon Run/Walk events in Los Angeles and New York have raised over $65 million over the years to support research, deliver treatment services for medically underserved women and provide support to women facing cancer and their loved ones.
The goal for the Los Angeles event this year is $3 million. You can register on site or if you can't make it, you can donate online at www.revlonrunwalk.org.
ABC7 is a very proud sponsor of the event. Eyewitness News anchors Michelle Tuzee and Ellen Leyva are mistresses of ceremonies. Marc Brown, Phillip Palmer, Garth Kemp and Alysha Del Valle will also be there to hand out water to the participants at the 2-mile water station.
cancer, women's health, health, medical research, community activity, in your community, elex michaelson
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run
- Flasher strikes UC Riverside, community college
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Anaheim fire: House had pack rat conditions 49 min ago
- Man found dead outside fumigated OC house
- Child welfare system 'in crisis': Commission
- OC school band chosen to march in Rose Parade
- Reward offered in Long Beach pelican attack
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet
- abcnews: Navy officer reunited with wife, daughters
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- OTRC: Laura Prepon reacts to Tom Cruise rumors
- Alison Arngrim speaks about sex abuse
46 min ago