In Your Community
EIF Revlon Run/Walk for Women honors survivors, memories of loved ones
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The Entertainment Industry Foundation's Revlon Run/Walk for Women on Saturday drew cancer survivors as well as those honoring the memories of loved ones.
The event, which kicked off in 1994, took place at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum at Exposition Park, where more than 30,000 people were expected to hit the pavement.
The EIF Revlon Run/Walk events in Los Angeles and New York have raised over $65 million over the years to support research, deliver treatment services for medically underserved women and provide support to women facing cancer and their loved ones.
The goal for the Los Angeles event this year is $3 million. You can register on site or if you can't make it, you can donate online at www.revlonrunwalk.org.
ABC7 is a very proud sponsor of the event. Eyewitness News anchors Michelle Tuzee and Ellen Leyva are mistresses of ceremonies. Marc Brown, Phillip Palmer, Garth Kemp and Alysha Del Valle will also be there to hand out water to the participants at the 2-mile water station.
cancer, women's health, health, medical research, community activity, in your community, elex michaelson
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Indio High students, faculty tested for TB
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Jewelry shopping tips: How to avoid rip-offs
- Ned Vizzini, popular author, dies at age 32
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)