In Your Community
EIF Revlon Run/Walk for Women honors survivors, memories of loved ones
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The Entertainment Industry Foundation's Revlon Run/Walk for Women on Saturday drew cancer survivors as well as those honoring the memories of loved ones.
The event, which kicked off in 1994, took place at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum at Exposition Park, where more than 30,000 people were expected to hit the pavement.
The EIF Revlon Run/Walk events in Los Angeles and New York have raised over $65 million over the years to support research, deliver treatment services for medically underserved women and provide support to women facing cancer and their loved ones.
The goal for the Los Angeles event this year is $3 million. You can register on site or if you can't make it, you can donate online at www.revlonrunwalk.org.
ABC7 is a very proud sponsor of the event. Eyewitness News anchors Michelle Tuzee and Ellen Leyva are mistresses of ceremonies. Marc Brown, Phillip Palmer, Garth Kemp and Alysha Del Valle will also be there to hand out water to the participants at the 2-mile water station.
cancer, women's health, health, medical research, community activity, in your community, elex michaelson
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Boston bombing anniversary disrupted by hoax
- South Korea ferry sinks; 2 dead, 14 injured
- Victim's mother faces murder suspects in court
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- San Pedro Elks Lodge fire may be suspicious
- Murrieta suspect fixated on girls' socks
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- First women move into Army combat jobs
- abcnews: Conjoined twins leave Dallas hospital
- Photos: Boston Marathon bombing - 1 year later
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Ice Cube clarifies Paul Walker comments