In Your Community
Feed SoCal kicks off in Culver City, Thousand Oaks
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- This year's Feed SoCal initiative kicked off with generous donations pouring in at two event locations on Friday.
Alysha Del Valle greeted donors and took in contributions at Pavilions located at 11030 Jefferson Blvd. in Culver City. A representative from PODS® donated 500 bags of food, and SoCal Honda Dealers added 400 bags. Many generous donors came out early to show their support.
Garth Kemp was in Thousand Oaks, where area residents came out to help fight hunger at Vons located at 1790 North Moorpark Rd. A representative from Morgan Stanley presented a check for $50,000, and many others dropped off bags of food.
ABC7 is partnering with Vons, Care 1st, ESPN LA 710, PODS®, Mathis Brothers, McMahonsRV and with regional food banks across Southern California for the second annual Feed SoCal campaign.
Food banks see donation surges particularly over the holidays, but the summer months can be especially difficult for children, veterans and the elderly. Local food banks need replenishing year-round, which is why donations are so important.
Garth and Alysha will be back out in the community next Friday, July 26, to collect non-perishable food items and donations:
Alysha will be at Vons in Costa Mesa (4:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.)
185 E. 17th St.
Costa Mesa, CA
Garth will be at Mathis Brothers in Ontario (4:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.)
4105 Inland Empire Blvd.
If you can't make it out to the events, you can still donate. See how you can help Feed SoCal.
in your community
- Ambulance crash: 3 injured in Signal Hill 9 min ago
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- Teen survives CA to HI flight in wheel well
- Alleged arsonist sets fire in Hollywood 7 min ago
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 4-car crash
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- abcnews: Car bursts into flames in lion habitat
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role