In Your Community
Feed SoCal in full swing in Costa Mesa, Ontario
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- This year's Feed SoCal food drive is in full swing, with events in Costa Mesa and Ontario on Friday.
Alysha Del Valle was at Vons at 185 E. 17th St. in Costa Mesa to greet generous donors. A representative from Fluor presented a check for $5,000, and Laborers Local 652 also came out to show their support. Goya Foods donated truck loads of food, as did members of USC's Phi Alpha Honor Society, Morningside Recovery and the cast of Disney's "Good Luck Charlie."
Garth Kemp was at Mathis Brothers Furniture located at 4105 Inland Empire Blvd. in Ontario, where many donors came out to help fight hunger. The event kicked off to a great start when Mondelez International presented a check for $17,500. Also joining the effort was Caliber Collision with a donation of $3,681.25. Also, the California Air National Guard donated about a ton of food and Mathis Brothers donated numerous palettes of non-perishables.
Aetna, PrimeCare and General Mills also brought generous donations to the Ontario event, all in the name of hunger relief.
ABC7 is partnering with Vons, Care 1st, ESPN LA 710, PODS®, Mathis Brothers, McMahonsRV and with regional food banks across Southern California for the second annual Feed SoCal campaign.
Food banks see donation surges particularly over the holidays, but the summer months can be especially difficult for children, veterans and the elderly. Local food banks need replenishing year-round, which is why donations are so important.
Garth and Alysha will be collecting non-perishable food items and donations until 6:30 p.m. Friday:
Alysha - Vons in Costa Mesa (4:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.)
185 E. 17th St.
Costa Mesa, CA
Garth - Mathis Brothers in Ontario (4:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.)
4105 Inland Empire Blvd.
If you can't make it out to the events, you can still donate. See how you can help Feed SoCal.
in your community
- 4 hospitalized in Fullerton bar stabbing 9 min ago
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Malaysia missing jet: Focus turns to pilots
- Comedian David Brenner dies at age 78
- Gorman brush fire near full containment
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Tustin theater evacuated for investigation
- Young woman's body found in Santa Paula park
- Brush fire erupts in Thermal, near Indio
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report
- Crime Stoppers director swallows evidence
13 min ago