Cool Kid teaches technology
CARSON (KABC) -- The world of computers can be a complicated one for some people born before the construction of the information superhighway. For those new to the Web, we have Cool Kid Aaron Johnson.
"If you tell your friends of this generation, it's just like, 'Oh, that was cool.' Then when you see someone that actually uses it and then for a long time it's like a lasting impact and it feels a lot better and you feel more satisfied," Aaron said.
Aaron is a young man who wants to share all he knows and even sees it as an opportunity and obligation.
"It really feels like you've done something, just helping somebody. It's your own civic duty to help others and if you just stick with yourself, you're just keeping the knowledge for yourself and that's not really a good thing to do," Aaron said.
One of Aaron's students is a former teacher herself. His teaching style is both admired by and familiar to her.
"I like it if you take time, you're patient, you don't come across as if you're a dodo. That's important. I tried to do that. I'm feeling that from Aaron," Doris Eames said.
While he supplies one-on-one instruction, Aaron sees his lessons as only a part of a much bigger picture.
"It's called 'intentional civility.' Basically, it's your civic duty to help others. If everybody is just thinking about themselves, then our society would collapse," Aaron said.
Bringing together previous generations with present-day technology, he is our Cool Kid, Aaron Johnson.
Know a deserving young adult who should be one of the ABC7 Cool Kids? Share their story and nominate someone today.
cool kids, danny romero
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Pa. 47 min ago
- Missing plane sent satellite signals for hours
- 'Flasher' suspect sought for exposure in OC
- LAPD Officer Lee honored at funeral service
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case 43 min ago
- Inmate escapes jail hours after sentencing
- Big Bear Lake's pirate ship afloat again 13 min ago
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search
- abcnews: Dog's healing effects on 2 wounded vets
- Bail refused for ex-NFL player Darren Sharper
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- OTRC: Tina Fey talks 'Mean Girls' reunion rumors
- Intersection gets safety upgrades after death
25 min ago