Cool Kid teen reaches for the stars
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- While most 17-year-olds are looking forward to high school graduation, "Cool Kid" Andrea Kulier is graduating from Cal State Los Angeles.
"One of the things I came here for was just the fact that I'd be able to learn more things and learn them at a faster speed than what I would be exposed to in high school," said Andrea.
- Video: Cool Kid gives back to her community
- More: Most Popular stories, videos and more
- More: Get breaking news alerts
"It kind of describes the whole of the universe in such a large scale and over its history and everything," said Andrea. "It's just, kind of, grand."
Going straight from 8th grade to college could be quite daunting, but Andrea is no ordinary student.
"It's amazing to me ... What she knows and what she understands for the age she is now,'" said Susan Terebey, Associate Professor, Physics and Astronomy.
Andrea helped organize an astronomy competition and has shared her vast knowledge with eager minds from middle and high schools.
"So other people can learn the field and know about it too and maybe also contribute their own ... whatever they can find out," said Andrea.
Truly reaching to the stars and beyond, Andrea Kulier is our Cool Kid.
cool kids, danny romero
- 2 LB suspects accused of human trafficking 12 min ago
- Anaheim begins closing marijuana dispensaries 7 min ago
- Odor forces evacuation of Pasadena building 50 min ago
- Memorial Day: Gas prices aren't stopping drivers 27 min ago
- First section of new 405 Freeway lane opens
- Fatal S. LA drive-by shooting suspects sought
- LA attempted murder suspect caught in Colo.
- Truck in bridge collapse had permit to cross
- UK-bound Pakistan plane diverted; 2 arrested
- abcnews: New clues to 'frustrated' Boston suspect
- NASA wants astronauts on asteroid by 2021
- Amanda Bynes arrested in NYC on pot charge
- 'The Rock' returns for 'Fast & Furious 6' 29 min ago
- OTRC: Leonardo DiCaprio space trip nabs $1.5 mill