Cool Kid helps foster kids in South L.A.
CARSON, Calif. (KABC) -- Working with the Boys and Girls Club through Carson High School, Cool Kid Rosario Arellano helps the Peace4Kids organization. She is there to provide opportunities to foster children.
"We brought them to our school and we had a yard laid out and we played different sports with them, different games like tug-a-war, and we had different stations like arts and crafts where they could paint," said Arellano.
She gives dance lessons, helps with games and teaches the kids to have healthy eating habits.
"It pays off, not with money, but in your heart. To see them smile, it's nice," said Arellano.
Because of the bond she feels with these children, Arellano is planning a career in teaching.
"I have students that come up to me and hug me, and it's a really nice moment to have kids around," said Arellano.
No matter her future, Arellano knows the importance of making time to help.
"Even in college, I know that I want to continue volunteering," the teen said. "I want to look back and know that I did something in my life and that I [made] a difference in a couple of children."
Doing what she can to give all kids a chance at a good life, Rosario Arellano is our Cool Kid.
community activity, volunteerism, cool kids, danny romero
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Hollywood burglary suspects caught on camera
- MoneyGram scam victims receive refund checks
- Venice boardwalk crash victims recount ordeal
- East LA coach charged with molesting 2 teens
- LAX suspect indicted on 1st-degree murder
- Yellowstone supervolcano bigger than thought
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Reporter rejects Toronto mayor's apology
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- abcnews: Father, daughter recreate wedding photos
- Timberlake helps fan propose to girlfriend
- Photos: Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts at 'August' debut