Cool Kid offers hope to everyone she helps
POMONA, Calif. (KABC) -- Monica Hernandez helps in any way she can at the Pomona Self-Help Legal Access Center, where people go for advice when dealing with evictions, divorce and other domestic issues.
"I want them to know not everything is lost. If you have any questions, ask me and I'll find out the answer for you. If I don't know it, I'll go ask someone," said Hernandez.
She gets a great feeling when she's able to help people who have to deal with legal issues as well as language barriers.
"They're afraid to speak out, especially because they're going in front of a judge," said Hernandez.
She's got the knowledge and skills to do the job. But others see another quality in Hernandez.
"She is really interested in helping people. I think that really comes across to our litigants, her commitment to them and helping to get their paperwork done," said attorney Bea Royster.
Court can be very intimidating to many. Hernandez gives them help, support and more.
"I give them hope and try to get them to be OK with it. It's not bad, it's not bad at all," said Hernandez.
While dealing with the law can be stressful, Hernandez makes it all a little easier. That makes her our Cool Kid.
community activity, volunteerism, cool kids, danny romero
- Whittier standoff with hostage ends peacefully 45 min ago
- S. Korean ferry's slow evacuation probed
- Investigators reenact fatal NorCal bus crash
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- Sriracha owner considers moving plant to TX?
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- Mount Everest avalanche: 6 killed, 9 missing
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Chelsea Clinton pregnant with 1st child
- Kittens accidentally shipped from LA to SD
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)