Cool Kid invented toy to share with sick kids
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Cool Kid Joaquin Horton designed a new toy called Fuzzy Stix. The idea for the toy came to him at an early age.
"One day during elementary school, one of my teachers gave us these pipe cleaners to make random stuff with. She just gave them to us," said Horton.
Even as he grows this business, Horton makes time to share the fun with children who have to spend time at the hospital.
"It really made me feel good. I knew that it was going to be fun for them. But, I didn't know they were going to be so happy to see me and so happy to play with them," said the teen.
In addition to spending time with kids in the hospital, Horton has big plans for the future of Fuzzy Stix and his toy business.
"You've heard of Legoland, why not make a Fuzzyland? 2025, that's what we're hoping for. A nice little Fuzzyland, just huge. Everything's nice, cute and fuzzy," said Horton.
These toys are a fun and successful business for Horton. But he also wants to be a positive influence to others who faced similar challenges in life.
"If I have to make Fuzzy Stix, I have to become big. If I have to stay in the house and virtually not do anything to make sure that I don't get in trouble. So, nobody sees me on the news. I'm willing to do that because I really want to make a difference," said Horton.
Our Cool Kid Joaquin Horton brings smiles to children who need it. At the same time, he stands as a symbol of success in business and life for his community.
community activity, volunteerism, cool kids, danny romero
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- Suspicious package found at post office near USC 25 min ago
- Female pedestrian struck, killed in Riverside
- Police: 2 South LA fires may be connected
- LAX Terminal 7 partially evacuated over threat
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W 14 min ago
- Operation Crossover targets liquor thieves
- abcnews: Conjoined twins see sunlight for 1st time
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- OTRC: Will Arnett files for divorce from Poehler