Cool Kid invented toy to share with sick kids
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Cool Kid Joaquin Horton designed a new toy called Fuzzy Stix. The idea for the toy came to him at an early age.
"One day during elementary school, one of my teachers gave us these pipe cleaners to make random stuff with. She just gave them to us," said Horton.
Even as he grows this business, Horton makes time to share the fun with children who have to spend time at the hospital.
"It really made me feel good. I knew that it was going to be fun for them. But, I didn't know they were going to be so happy to see me and so happy to play with them," said the teen.
In addition to spending time with kids in the hospital, Horton has big plans for the future of Fuzzy Stix and his toy business.
"You've heard of Legoland, why not make a Fuzzyland? 2025, that's what we're hoping for. A nice little Fuzzyland, just huge. Everything's nice, cute and fuzzy," said Horton.
These toys are a fun and successful business for Horton. But he also wants to be a positive influence to others who faced similar challenges in life.
"If I have to make Fuzzy Stix, I have to become big. If I have to stay in the house and virtually not do anything to make sure that I don't get in trouble. So, nobody sees me on the news. I'm willing to do that because I really want to make a difference," said Horton.
Our Cool Kid Joaquin Horton brings smiles to children who need it. At the same time, he stands as a symbol of success in business and life for his community.
community activity, volunteerism, cool kids, danny romero
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- Secret Service probing Target security breach
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- LA Council speaks on immigration deportations
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds