Cool Kid helps young minds flourish
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Cool Kid Zoey Hodge helps young minds flourish at CJ's Dollhouse, a foster home and day care center in Los Angeles.
"We help them to change and develop from their old ways when they come here as foster children," said Zoey. "Seeing their whole transformation is really amazing."
Whether it's reading to them or teaching them something new, Zoey wants to encourage kids.
"Once they see them making progress, like, 'oh I succeed at this,' then they can move on to the next thing. Just little minor steps that keep that spark of hope in them to keep them going," she said.
It appears that Zoey is perfectly suited for her work with children. Cyretta Jordan, owner and director of CJ's Dollhouse says Zoey is very giving and patient.
"[She's] just very pleasant to be around. And everyone that meets her [says], 'God, that's a great kid,'" said Jordan.
Zoey knows that when she teaches them an important lesson now it will affect their lives in the future.
"To have respect for themselves because once they have respect for themselves, then they'll do anything, anything that they set their minds to," she said.
For young children needing a mentor, teacher and friend, we have our Cool Kid Zoey Hodge.
community activity, volunteerism, cool kids, danny romero
- Metro Red, Purple lines to require Tap Card
- Journalist Michael Hastings dies in LA crash
- Ex-LA deputy alleges corruption in department
- Winkler removed from Saugus school board
- Video released in attack of transgender woman
- Prostitution bust at OC hotel - exclusive
- Ex-USC professor on FBI wanted list arrested
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite
- Obama renews calls for nuclear reductions
- abcnews: TWA 800 crash not accident - investigators
- Chrysler agrees to Jeep recall over fire risk
- Heat beat Spurs 103-100, force Game 7
- Country singer Slim Whitman dies at age 90 5 min ago
- OTRC: Lil Wayne talks on American flag controversy