Cool Kid brings fashion, design to students
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Cool Kid Mariesa Franco makes helping others very fashionable.
"They're underprivileged children. They're wonderful kids," said Mariesa. "They're so sweet, they're nice, they're fun. They're just regular kids. They just don't have the same things other kids have. I really just wanted to go there and make them smile."
She shows these kids everything from design to walking the runway.
"We really wanted them to explore other options of what they can do in life, not just end up on the streets, how a lot of kids do in areas that are bad," said Mariesa.
Working with the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising, Mariesa brings creativity to her work and her time with the kids.
"She has a passion that's burning. I think that some of the best things come from that kind of passion," said Pamela Wilson, the club's advisor. "I also think there's a lot of empathy. I think Mariesa really feels for the students and felt emotionally connected to them."
Mariesa has a clear plan for her career, whether it's designing clothes or working with models.
"I'll be attending FIDM in July and I'll be going there for the first two years and hopefully go back for the third year, which is for advanced students, and hopefully chosen for the top 10 to be in a fashion show," she said.
Mariesa Franco creates new looks and helps students see new ideas. That makes her our Cool Kid.
community activity, volunteerism, cool kids, danny romero
- Glendale Galleria $85K bracelet thief sought
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Compton chase victim remembered by loved ones
- Van Nuys arsonist suspect sought by LAFD
- HB riot suspect sentenced to 12 days in jail
- Man arrested for suspected arson in Oxnard
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- SUV makers unveil new efficient features
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'