Cool Kid brings fashion, design to students
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Cool Kid Mariesa Franco makes helping others very fashionable.
"They're underprivileged children. They're wonderful kids," said Mariesa. "They're so sweet, they're nice, they're fun. They're just regular kids. They just don't have the same things other kids have. I really just wanted to go there and make them smile."
She shows these kids everything from design to walking the runway.
"We really wanted them to explore other options of what they can do in life, not just end up on the streets, how a lot of kids do in areas that are bad," said Mariesa.
Working with the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising, Mariesa brings creativity to her work and her time with the kids.
"She has a passion that's burning. I think that some of the best things come from that kind of passion," said Pamela Wilson, the club's advisor. "I also think there's a lot of empathy. I think Mariesa really feels for the students and felt emotionally connected to them."
Mariesa has a clear plan for her career, whether it's designing clothes or working with models.
"I'll be attending FIDM in July and I'll be going there for the first two years and hopefully go back for the third year, which is for advanced students, and hopefully chosen for the top 10 to be in a fashion show," she said.
Mariesa Franco creates new looks and helps students see new ideas. That makes her our Cool Kid.
community activity, volunteerism, cool kids, danny romero
- James Gandolfini of 'Sopranos' dies at 51 13 min ago
- Hollywood panhandlers allegedly kill LA woman 7 min ago
- OC caregiver arrested for alleged sex assault 51 min ago
- Tip led to ex-USC professor's Mexico arrest 5 min ago
- Wrong-way driver charged with DUI in 14 pile-up
- West Hills murder suspect pleads not guilty 19 min ago
- 3.1-magnitude earthquake jolts Inland Empire
- Man stabbed during carjacking in Oxnard
- TWA Flight 800 documentary hints at cover-up
- Afghan leader suspends talks with Taliban, US
- abcnews: Marine returns from war as underwear model
- Piedmont beef's lower fat entices connoisseurs 50 min ago
- Paris, Prince Jackson refute chef's testimony
- OTRC: 'Anchorman 2' new trailer (Video)
- Piedmont beef's lower fat entices...
50 min ago