Cool Kid Briana Logue forms math club to help other students
POMONA, Calif. (KABC) -- When Briana Logue first took a math class at Diamond Ranch High School, she had a bit of a rough start. But something changed and she ended up doing a complete turnaround. So much so that she decided to form a math club to help others.
"For students like me that struggled in math, there's someplace you can go where you don't feel ignorant, you don't feel stupid. You feel loved and you feel like you're going to learn," said Briana.
Briana leads the tutoring herself. She can see there is a special connection between her and the club members.
"I think it's different when you hear it coming from a student. It's more powerful. Someone that might be a little older than you, maybe even younger than you," Briana said.
While the Math Club has an advisor, Briana has truly taken on some of the major responsibilities.
"She's a great leader. She put the whole thing together. She won't take no for an answer, so she can really lead," said teacher Fiona Pham.
After seeing the success at her own school, this Cool Kid thought of ways to help other students in the area.
"My future goal is to hopefully send Math Club outside of Diamond Ranch High School," Briana said.
Briana Logue has turned a difficult time at school into a shining example that helps other kids facing similar challenges. That makes her our Cool Kid.
volunteerism, cool kids, danny romero
- Gunman at large in East LA party shooting
- Drug boat washes ashore in Manhattan Beach 20 min ago
- OC teen to be tried as adult in dad beating
- Protests against Monsanto held around world 55 min ago
- Wildfire breaks out north of Moreno Valley
- OC thieves sought for smash-grab robbery
- Ex-PTA president allegedly stole candy funds
- Man killed when Amtrak train collides with car
- Communications satellite launched into space
- abcnews: WWII medals back after mistaken donation
- London attack: 3 more arrested in slaying
- Rogers, gay soccer player, joins LA Galaxy
- OTRC: Blake Shelton's Oklahoma benefit concert
- Eye on LA reveals sizzling hot summer guide
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
35 min ago