Cool Kid helps elderly in San Gabriel Valley
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Nadine Mora started volunteering in the San Gabriel Valley as a way to honor a commitment to her grandmother.
"I promised her I would stay in this area and help out as much as I could in this area when I was in the first grade," she said. "I wanted to keep that promise."
After both her grandmothers died, Nadine discovered that she really wanted to do more for seniors in her community.
"I started seeing other elderly like my neighbors to help them ... It wasn't like a replacement. But it was my kindness I could show to someone else," she said.
It's not just about bringing a smile to someone's face or making them feel needed. Nadine says it makes her feel good to help, too.
"They seem kind of lonely. So when I make them laugh, it makes my day. I know they'll find a family or someone close in me," she said.
Most importantly, Nadine spends time with many seniors and has a genuine interest interacting with them. Cool Kid Nadine Mora is connecting generations and doing it with genuine affection.
volunteerism, cool kids, danny romero
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Bitcoin mystery: CA man denies being creator
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide
- Playa del Rey home break-in caught on camera 26 min ago
- Beverly Hills High School gunman threat false 33 min ago
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- Crimean, Russian politicians talk referendum
- Pistorius told guard 'everything is fine' 6 min ago
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus' Twitter jabs at Katy Perry