Cool Kid helps elderly in San Gabriel Valley
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Nadine Mora started volunteering in the San Gabriel Valley as a way to honor a commitment to her grandmother.
"I promised her I would stay in this area and help out as much as I could in this area when I was in the first grade," she said. "I wanted to keep that promise."
After both her grandmothers died, Nadine discovered that she really wanted to do more for seniors in her community.
"I started seeing other elderly like my neighbors to help them ... It wasn't like a replacement. But it was my kindness I could show to someone else," she said.
It's not just about bringing a smile to someone's face or making them feel needed. Nadine says it makes her feel good to help, too.
"They seem kind of lonely. So when I make them laugh, it makes my day. I know they'll find a family or someone close in me," she said.
Most importantly, Nadine spends time with many seniors and has a genuine interest interacting with them. Cool Kid Nadine Mora is connecting generations and doing it with genuine affection.
volunteerism, cool kids, danny romero
- Body found in canyon ID'd as Maribel Ramos 56 min ago
- Castaic-area brush fire nears containment
- CA task force aims to control gun ownership
- Greuel, Garcetti vie for last-minute votes
- 'Sexting' case at IE schools nets teen arrest
- Oak Hills bust nets nearly 2K pot plants 6 min ago
- Suspect shot, hurt after aiming gun at police
- Crystal Cathedral congregation gets new name
- OC church burglary suspect in custody 41 min ago
- Plane lands on belly after having gear issues
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- abcnews: Flesh-eating bacteria survivor's bionic hands
- Michael Jackson death trial attorneys clash
- OTRC: Jennifer Lopez debuts 'Live It Up' video 48 min ago