Cool Kid helps elderly in San Gabriel Valley
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Nadine Mora started volunteering in the San Gabriel Valley as a way to honor a commitment to her grandmother.
"I promised her I would stay in this area and help out as much as I could in this area when I was in the first grade," she said. "I wanted to keep that promise."
After both her grandmothers died, Nadine discovered that she really wanted to do more for seniors in her community.
"I started seeing other elderly like my neighbors to help them ... It wasn't like a replacement. But it was my kindness I could show to someone else," she said.
It's not just about bringing a smile to someone's face or making them feel needed. Nadine says it makes her feel good to help, too.
"They seem kind of lonely. So when I make them laugh, it makes my day. I know they'll find a family or someone close in me," she said.
Most importantly, Nadine spends time with many seniors and has a genuine interest interacting with them. Cool Kid Nadine Mora is connecting generations and doing it with genuine affection.
volunteerism, cool kids, danny romero
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- 287 missing, 9 dead in SKorea ferry disaster
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- 'Luger Bandit' bank robbery suspect caught
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Solvang ordnance scare prompts evacuations
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break