Cool Kid gives tennis fun to special needs students
IRVINE, Calif. (KABC) -- Ryan Teng started No-Limitz Tennis in Irvine. It's a tennis camp that brings the fun game to kids who might otherwise miss the opportunity.
"These are special needs kids, you can really come and make a difference in one of these kid's lives permanently and make an impact on them," said Teng.
He knows these kids want to be included and many times they are not.
"They go to high school and they try to fit in to the society, but it's a different society out there, and they sometimes may not accept these kids," said Teng.
Way beyond backhands and serves, Teng says he hopes to provide a safe, secure environment where kids can relax and be themselves.
"They're comfortable in the situation. They're comfortable with telling the volunteer and bonding with the buddies and having a good time here and they feel safe too," he said.
Teng is just a sophomore at Beckman High School, so no doubt his future could go in lots of different directions. But wherever he's headed, he wants to make a plan to keep the tennis camp going.
"I can get money for myself and use that money to further No-Limitz, which in turn will help these kids have a better two hours on Sunday," he said.
Cool Kid Ryan Teng has no limits when it comes to caring and bringing the fun and sport of tennis to so many.
volunteerism, cool kids, danny romero
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- LB mayoral candidate mailer wrongly shows SD
- Benjamin Netanyahu discusses Iran at LA event
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- San Clemente HS lockdown lifted after threat
- Drunk gambler sues LV casino following loss 19 min ago
- Baby rescued on FL freeway home from hospital
- Obama: West won't let Kremlin carve up Ukraine
- abcnews: Charges filed in missing nursing student case
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease 31 min ago
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Angelina Jolie talks 'Maleficent,' daughter
- Hot yoga: Hazardous for your health?
23 min ago