Cool Kid Marisol Zarate inspires with the language of her music
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. (KABC) -- Marisol Zarate is a young violinist with a very special connection to her music.
"When I move my bow back and forth, it's like it's speaking for me in ways that words can't," says Zarate. "And so whenever I express feelings, it's like it can do it for me."
Early on while studying the violin, Marisol's mother passed away. But in the middle of experiencing intense sadness, Marisol found something else in her music.
"Just a lot of relief. A lot of the grief I was feeling came out through that time when I was playing my music," says Marisol.
Now she's a member of the Symphonie Jeunesse orchestra. Marisol has impressed many people with her talent and her heart.
"I see such strength of spirit, such growth, such positive outlook in the face of having to go through what she's been through," says Michele Tacchia, founder and director Symphonie Jeunesse.
As time moves on, Marisol still feels an unbreakable bond with her mother.
"I know she's at peace, so I feel like we both can connect through music at that very moment," says Marisol.
With her mother's inspiration, Marisol uses her music to inspire those around her.
cool kids, danny romero
- NYC apartment explosion, collapse kills 2 50 min ago
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal 26 min ago
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video 5 min ago
- Missing flight's last words were routine
- Tanker crash shuts I-5 North lanes in Castaic
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings
- Ukraine accuses Russia of military buildup 35 min ago
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage
- Fitbit Force recalled over allergic reactions 34 min ago
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand 54 min ago
- OTRC: 'The Big Bang Theory' renewed for 3 seasons