Cool Kid shares unique vision through photography
SOUTH PASADENA, Calif. (KABC) -- This week's Cool Kid can usually be seen with camera in hand. It's what he can do with that camera that's turning heads in his community.
Paul Messana's photographs have appeared online on his high school's website and have even made it to the pages of his local newspapers in South Pasadena.
"I've seen the city grow and I've seen all these things happen. And so I've become so attached to the city that being able to capture the city and all of its worth is really important," said Paul.
Those pictures caught the attention of South Pasadena officials as they were planning a major upgrade to the city's website. Paul's work has a unique quality they wanted.
"When he shoots it, he sees it just a little differently, so it's beautiful and it captures you," said Joan Aguado, South Pasadena film liaison. "It doesn't look like something you've seen before. That's what makes it so extraordinary."
When this Cool Kid takes a picture, he wants it to do more than just show a pretty location.
"To leave an impact on the city and the yearbook and the school," said Paul. "By taking a photograph -- it's very cliché -- but you're leaving a memory."
In the future, Paul is considering using his creative eye in another way.
"Art-directing of movies, and kind of use my artistic sensibility and my perspective through photography to help me to show movies, to direct movies," said Paul.
Paul Messana's photography is his way of sharing the community he loves with others. And with every shot, he shares more and more.
cool kids, danny romero
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East 23 min ago
- Search widens for missing Malaysian jet
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants
- 'Returnaholics' punished by some retailers
11 min ago
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
4 min ago