Cool Kid shares unique vision through photography
SOUTH PASADENA, Calif. (KABC) -- This week's Cool Kid can usually be seen with camera in hand. It's what he can do with that camera that's turning heads in his community.
Paul Messana's photographs have appeared online on his high school's website and have even made it to the pages of his local newspapers in South Pasadena.
"I've seen the city grow and I've seen all these things happen. And so I've become so attached to the city that being able to capture the city and all of its worth is really important," said Paul.
Those pictures caught the attention of South Pasadena officials as they were planning a major upgrade to the city's website. Paul's work has a unique quality they wanted.
"When he shoots it, he sees it just a little differently, so it's beautiful and it captures you," said Joan Aguado, South Pasadena film liaison. "It doesn't look like something you've seen before. That's what makes it so extraordinary."
When this Cool Kid takes a picture, he wants it to do more than just show a pretty location.
"To leave an impact on the city and the yearbook and the school," said Paul. "By taking a photograph -- it's very cliché -- but you're leaving a memory."
In the future, Paul is considering using his creative eye in another way.
"Art-directing of movies, and kind of use my artistic sensibility and my perspective through photography to help me to show movies, to direct movies," said Paul.
Paul Messana's photography is his way of sharing the community he loves with others. And with every shot, he shares more and more.
cool kids, danny romero
- 2 LB suspects accused of human trafficking
- Anaheim begins closing marijuana dispensaries
- Odor forces evacuation of Pasadena building
- Memorial Day: Gas prices aren't stopping drivers
- OC teen to be tried as adult in dad beating 18 min ago
- Palmdale boy dies after allegedly being tortured
- Are bridges in Southern California safe?
- Committee approves dental care to Medi-Cal
- Truck in bridge collapse had permit to cross
- UK-bound Pakistan plane diverted; 2 arrested
- abcnews: WWII medals back after mistaken donation
- New flu vaccine made from tobacco plant in works
- 'The Rock' returns for 'Fast & Furious 6'
- OTRC: Vin Diesel denies steroids use (Video)