Warning signs of suicide
NEW YORK -- Suicide can be prevented. While some suicides occur without any outward warning, most people who are suicidal do give warnings.
Prevent the suicide of loved ones by learning to recognize the signs of someone at risk, taking those signs seriously and knowing how to respond to them.
Warning signs of suicide include:
Observable signs of serious depression:
Making a plan is a sign:
The emotional crises that usually precede suicide are often recognizable and treatable. Although most depressed people are not suicidal, most suicidal people are depressed. One can help prevent suicide through early recognition and treatment of depression and other psychiatric illnesses.
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- Brush fire burning near Gorman by Quail Lake 39 min ago
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating
- Malaysia plane disappearance deliberate? 20 min ago
- OC 'flasher' suspect captured in San Diego 45 min ago
- Perris pastor arrested for rape of minor
- Woman, horse rescued at Angeles Nat'l Forest 7 min ago
- Tweet lands 20-yr-old Los Angeles man in jail
- CA couple allegedly left child in car to gamble
- Pistorius photographed in bloodied prosthetics
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Crimea vote won't be recognized by US - Kerry
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)