ABC7 Traffic Center
134 EB reopens after tanker accident
BURBANK, Calif. (KABC) -- All lanes have been reopened on the eastbound 134 Freeway after a gasoline tanker overturned Thursday morning.The CHP reopened all the lanes at approximately 3:45 p.m.
One out of three compartments on the overturned tanker was leaking, according of officials. Each compartment holds 1,500 gallons of gasoline.
CHP spokesman Officer Ricardo Quintero says the tanker crashed in the two right lanes around 10:15 a.m. No other vehicles were involved.
Fuel spilled into a storm drain which funnels to Johnny Carson Park in Burbank on Riverside Drive.
Crews are in the process of cleaning up the mess.
Your feedback is important to us! Please complete a brief survey so we may continue to improve abc7.com
accident, oil spill, oil, abc7 traffic center
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast 16 min ago
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge 10 min ago
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured 28 min ago
- Searchers cannot find object from missing jet 20 min ago
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- Dana Point shooting suspect sought by deputies
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla.
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks
- more: Get personalized traffic reports and alerts
- map: Traffic view of areas north and west of L.A.
- map: Traffic view of areas east of L.A.
- map: Traffic view of Orange County
- map: Traffic view of the Inland Empire
- map: Traffic view of Ventura County
- map: Traffic view of 101/405 Interchange
- map: Traffic view of 5/10 Interchange
- map: Traffic view of San Diego County