ABC7 Traffic Center
Report shows which L.A. freeways are worst
BURBANK, Calif. (KABC) -- The Metropolitan Transportation Authority released a report grading L.A. County freeways, and it details which roads are the most congested.
According to the report, the Golden State (5) Freeway at Burbank Boulevard is one of the areas that is worse regardless of the time of day.
More than half of L.A. County freeways are considered to be highly congested during the morning and evening commutes, the report said.
The Congestion Management Program says there are some areas where you're guaranteed to be stuck in traffic, including the Santa Monica (10) Freeway between the East L.A. interchange and the San Diego (405) Freeway, the 5 Freeway between State Route 170 and State Route 2, and the 5 Freeway between Lakewood Boulevard and the Orange County line.
Overall, the county's report shows congestion levels have remained fairly constant from 1991 to 2009.
With growth in California, new lanes were needed on Southern California freeways. Between 1995 and 2009, construction permits were issued for more than 208,000 residential units in L.A. County.
In the last 18 years, more carpool lanes have been added - more than 480 miles with funding from the MTA. That amounts to 34 percent of the HOV mileage in California.
Interstate 210 was extended eastbound, and Interstate 105 was also added since 1992.
Do you want the Eyewitness News team to call you? Get a FREE Morning Wake-up Call and personalized weather report at abc7.com/wakeup
traffic delay, abc7 traffic center
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen 44 min ago
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence 23 min ago
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe 5 min ago
- Suspect arrested for Dana Point shooting
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Stolen passports probed
- Minnesota lawmaker apologizes for NBA tweet
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Sbarro files for second bankruptcy in 3 years
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...
- more: Get personalized traffic reports and alerts
- map: Traffic view of areas north and west of L.A.
- map: Traffic view of areas east of L.A.
- map: Traffic view of Orange County
- map: Traffic view of the Inland Empire
- map: Traffic view of Ventura County
- map: Traffic view of 101/405 Interchange
- map: Traffic view of 5/10 Interchange
- map: Traffic view of San Diego County