ABC7 Traffic Center
210 East reopens after accident kills 2
CLAREMONT, Calif. (KABC) -- All lanes were open on the 210 Freeway through Claremont early Friday after a chain-reaction crash killed two people.
The crash happened on the eastbound 210 Freeway near the Baseline exit just before 6 p.m. when a big rig slammed into a car. Eyewitness News viewer Ephrain Arroyo sent in cell phone video of the accident that showed flames engulfing vehicles moments after it happened.
The driver of the big rig told investigating officers she did not see traffic stopped in front of her and hit the vehicle in front of her, which caused a chain-reaction crash involving nine vehicles.
The two people who died were in the first car hit by the big rig. Two other people were sent to the hospital.
road closure, abc7 traffic center
- Tornado hits Oklahoma City suburbs; 51 dead 58 min ago
- Girl escapes brazen kidnap attempt in OC
- 3 charged in bizarre East LA '12 bank robbery
- Greuel, Garcetti make final stops across LA
- Video: Pit bull owners rally against discrimination
- Elephant meat, dead primate seized at LAX
- Laguna Beach sex assault suspect surrenders
- Fire near Frazier Park 90 percent contained
- UC hospital workers to strike over higher pay
- abcnews: Hofstra student killed in police standoff
- 2 killed in Turkey hot air balloon crash
- NKorea on day 3 of short-range weapon launches
- Ray Manzarek, The Doors founder, dies at 74 18 min ago
- OTRC: Seth MacFarlane 'unable' to host Oscars again
- Ex-'DWTS' contestants predict new winner
49 min ago
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
54 min ago
- more: Get personalized traffic reports and alerts
- map: Traffic view of areas north and west of L.A.
- map: Traffic view of areas east of L.A.
- map: Traffic view of Orange County
- map: Traffic view of the Inland Empire
- map: Traffic view of Ventura County
- map: Traffic view of 101/405 Interchange
- map: Traffic view of 5/10 Interchange
- map: Traffic view of San Diego County