ABC7 Traffic Center
405 closure in July to affect half million drivers
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A busy section of the 405 Freeway is slated to shut down for an entire weekend in July.
All north and southbound lanes through the Sepulveda Pass will be closed from Saturday, July 16 until the morning of Monday, July 18.
Crews will be tearing out the Mulholland Drive overpass.
This is the biggest planned freeway closure in California since the San Francisco Bay Bridge was closed two years ago.
It is expected to affect approximately 500,000 drivers.
Beat Carmageddon with ABC7
The 405 shuts down the weekend of July 16-17, and ABC7 Eyewitness News is your home for the latest traffic news and information. Follow @abc7 and @BeatCarmageddon on Twitter, and use the hash tag #abc7traffic.
ABC7 has also partnered with Waze to help navigate the traffic. Download the Waze app, which provides free turn-by-turn GPS navigation based on the live conditions of the road. Join the community of drivers in Southern California today and beat Carmageddon.
carmageddon, I-405 closure, construction, road closure, abc7 traffic center
- James Gandolfini of 'Sopranos' dies at 51 9 min ago
- Hollywood panhandlers allegedly kill LA woman 46 min ago
- OC caregiver arrested for alleged elder abuse
- TWA Flight 800 documentary hints at cover-up
- West Hills murder suspect to appear in court
- 3.1-magnitude earthquake jolts Inland Empire
- Man stabbed during carjacking in Oxnard
- Search for Jimmy Hoffa yields nothing, again
- Aug. trial set for Ohio man in kidnap case
- Afghan leader suspends talks with Taliban, US
- Baby bath seats recalled due to drowning fear
- abcnews: Marine returns from war as underwear model
- Paris, Prince Jackson refute chef's testimony
- OTRC: 'Anchorman 2' new trailer (Video)