ABC7 Traffic Center
'Rampture': Drivers warned of ramp closures on 405 Freeway
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Southern Californians sailed through "Carmageddon" this summer, but the ongoing project to improve the 405 Freeway through the Sepulveda Pass is causing what some are calling "Rampture."
There will be major ramp closures as all approaches to the Sunset Boulevard bridge that spans the 405 Freeway are reconstructed.
Drivers already have been dealing with delays this week.
In July, a 10-mile stretch of the 405 Freeway was shut down for the weekend and people feared massive gridlock. It never materialized.
Now officials are warning drivers in the construction zone to anticipate delays and plan ahead as they face closures and a lot of detours.
carmageddon, I-405 closure, traffic delay, road closure, road construction, abc7 traffic center
- Car rally to be held in honor of Paul Walker 6 min ago
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains
- OC crash kills 4; alcohol, speed suspected
- US vet Merrill Newman back in CA from NKorea
- Pasadena apartment fire caused by heater
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana 54 min ago
- 2 sought in Lancaster home invasion robberies
- Rancho Santa Margarita crash leaves 5 injured
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Man wakes up locked inside dark empty plane
- Ukraine capital facing anti-govt protest
- Auction features items from Nancy Drew author
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis
- more: Get personalized traffic reports and alerts
- map: Traffic view of areas north and west of L.A.
- map: Traffic view of areas east of L.A.
- map: Traffic view of Orange County
- map: Traffic view of the Inland Empire
- map: Traffic view of Ventura County
- map: Traffic view of 101/405 Interchange
- map: Traffic view of 5/10 Interchange
- map: Traffic view of San Diego County