ABC7 Traffic Center
'Rampture': Drivers warned of ramp closures on 405 Freeway
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Southern Californians sailed through "Carmageddon" this summer, but the ongoing project to improve the 405 Freeway through the Sepulveda Pass is causing what some are calling "Rampture."
There will be major ramp closures as all approaches to the Sunset Boulevard bridge that spans the 405 Freeway are reconstructed.
Drivers already have been dealing with delays this week.
In July, a 10-mile stretch of the 405 Freeway was shut down for the weekend and people feared massive gridlock. It never materialized.
Now officials are warning drivers in the construction zone to anticipate delays and plan ahead as they face closures and a lot of detours.
carmageddon, I-405 closure, traffic delay, road closure, road construction, abc7 traffic center
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run 33 min ago
- Flasher strikes UC Riverside, community college 49 min ago
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway 29 min ago
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Child welfare system 'in crisis': Commission
- OC school band chosen to march in Rose Parade
- Reward offered in Long Beach pelican attack
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- Aereo case: Justices skeptical, concerned
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet
- abcnews: Navy officer reunited with wife, daughters 44 min ago
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- OTRC: Drew Barrymore gives birth to baby No. 2
- more: Get personalized traffic reports and alerts
- map: Traffic view of areas north and west of L.A.
- map: Traffic view of areas east of L.A.
- map: Traffic view of Orange County
- map: Traffic view of the Inland Empire
- map: Traffic view of Ventura County
- map: Traffic view of 101/405 Interchange
- map: Traffic view of 5/10 Interchange
- map: Traffic view of San Diego County