ABC7 Traffic Center
'Rampture': Drivers warned of ramp closures on 405 Freeway
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Southern Californians sailed through "Carmageddon" this summer, but the ongoing project to improve the 405 Freeway through the Sepulveda Pass is causing what some are calling "Rampture."
There will be major ramp closures as all approaches to the Sunset Boulevard bridge that spans the 405 Freeway are reconstructed.
Drivers already have been dealing with delays this week.
In July, a 10-mile stretch of the 405 Freeway was shut down for the weekend and people feared massive gridlock. It never materialized.
Now officials are warning drivers in the construction zone to anticipate delays and plan ahead as they face closures and a lot of detours.
carmageddon, I-405 closure, traffic delay, road closure, road construction, abc7 traffic center
- 2 LB suspects accused of human trafficking
- Anaheim begins closing marijuana dispensaries
- Odor forces evacuation of Pasadena building
- Memorial Day: Gas prices aren't stopping drivers
- Palmdale boy dies after allegedly being tortured
- Are bridges in Southern California safe?
- LA attempted murder suspect caught in Colo.
- Committee approves dental care to Medi-Cal
- Truck in bridge collapse had permit to cross
- UK-bound Pakistan plane diverted; 2 arrested
- abcnews: New clues to 'frustrated' Boston suspect
- New flu vaccine made from tobacco plant in works
- 'The Rock' returns for 'Fast & Furious 6'
- OTRC: Leonardo DiCaprio space trip nabs $1.5 mill
- more: Get personalized traffic reports and alerts
- map: Traffic view of areas north and west of L.A.
- map: Traffic view of areas east of L.A.
- map: Traffic view of Orange County
- map: Traffic view of the Inland Empire
- map: Traffic view of Ventura County
- map: Traffic view of 101/405 Interchange
- map: Traffic view of 5/10 Interchange
- map: Traffic view of San Diego County