ABC7 Traffic Center
I-405 closures planned along Sepulveda Pass
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Closures took place on the I-405 along the Sepulveda Pass starting late Tuesday night through Saturday morning.
Tuesday and Wednesday nights, the southbound lanes will be closed between Getty Center Drive and the 101 Freeway.
Thursday and Friday nights, the northbound lanes will be shut down.
The full closures will happen between midnight and 5 a.m., but crews will begin shutting ramps and lanes down at 7 p.m.
This part of the freeway was completely shut down during the "Carmageddon" weekend in July.
The closure will allow crews to install a pedestrian sidewalk on the new Skirball Center Drive Bridge and do more work on the Mulholland Drive Bridge. They will also replace signs.
"I hate the 405. I really do," said Jennifer Haynes of Van Nuys. "There's always traffic on it. You can get on at 3 o'clock in the morning or 3 o'clock in the afternoon, there's always traffic on the 405. It's terrible."
Sepulveda Boulevard will remain open during the nights of the full closures and can be used as an alternate route.
traffic delay, carmageddon, abc7 traffic center, amy powell
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero' 45 min ago
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- SKorea ferry accident: 10 more bodies pulled
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- East Hollywood fire: Garage heavily damaged
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Free admission offered to all national parks
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Documents detail another delayed GM recall
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour