ABC7 Traffic Center
I-405 closures planned along Sepulveda Pass
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Closures took place on the I-405 along the Sepulveda Pass starting late Tuesday night through Saturday morning.
Tuesday and Wednesday nights, the southbound lanes will be closed between Getty Center Drive and the 101 Freeway.
Thursday and Friday nights, the northbound lanes will be shut down.
The full closures will happen between midnight and 5 a.m., but crews will begin shutting ramps and lanes down at 7 p.m.
This part of the freeway was completely shut down during the "Carmageddon" weekend in July.
The closure will allow crews to install a pedestrian sidewalk on the new Skirball Center Drive Bridge and do more work on the Mulholland Drive Bridge. They will also replace signs.
"I hate the 405. I really do," said Jennifer Haynes of Van Nuys. "There's always traffic on it. You can get on at 3 o'clock in the morning or 3 o'clock in the afternoon, there's always traffic on the 405. It's terrible."
Sepulveda Boulevard will remain open during the nights of the full closures and can be used as an alternate route.
traffic delay, carmageddon, abc7 traffic center, amy powell
- CO school shooting suspect dead, says sheriff 6 min ago
- Car bomb plot thwarted at Kansas airport
- Body found near East Los Angeles College
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Canoga Park
- SoCal boy's cancer fight inspires
- OC homicide: Roommate sought for questioning 7 min ago
- Man burned in fire at Long Beach VA Hospital
- 24 students arrested in school drug ring case
- 2nd woman in purported mercy killings ID'd
- Mega Millions jackpot rockets to $425 million 20 min ago
- Mom with cancer inspires daughter's friend
- Bruno Mars named Billboard's 2013 top artist
- Beyonce releases surprise album on iTunes
- OTRC: Bradley Cooper talks 'American Hustle'