ABC7 Traffic Center
Coldwater Canyon expected to see major delays due to DWP work
STUDIO CITY, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Drivers may want to steer clear of Coldwater Canyon Avenue through Studio City from now until next March as the Department of Water and Power works on replacing a major water line.
Beginning Wednesday, Coldwater Canyon Avenue will be reduced intermittently to just one lane of traffic between Halkirk Street and Avenida Del Sol. The closure will be between 9 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. on weekdays and some Saturdays.
"Major commuting hours are normally in the mornings," said Bob Smith from DWP.
A DWP crew will be replacing a nearly 100-year-old major water line that broke in 2009. The water-main break caused massive flooding and damaged several homes and businesses.
"It's not even an inconvenience any more. It's just super frustrating and super dangerous," said Raffi Piliguian, a Coldwater homeowner.
It will be replaced with roughly 1.3 miles of 54- and 60-inch diameter piping. So far, 985 feet of 60-inch pipe have been installed.
City News Service contributed to this report.
traffic delay, road closure, road construction, abc7 traffic center, rob hayes
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet 15 min ago
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Driver shot, injured on 14 Fwy in Palmdale
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs 4 min ago
- Boy, 11, on scooter struck by tractor-trailer 45 min ago
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Big Sur wildfire is now fully contained
- BART, labor union leaders reach new deal
- NJ mall carjacking, shooting: 4 men arrested
- US holiday travelers brace for foul weather
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt
- Beyonce surprises fans at Mass. Wal-Mart
- OTRC: 13 Best TV Shows of 2013 (with spoilers)
- more: Get personalized traffic reports and alerts
- map: Traffic view of areas north and west of L.A.
- map: Traffic view of areas east of L.A.
- map: Traffic view of Orange County
- map: Traffic view of the Inland Empire
- map: Traffic view of Ventura County
- map: Traffic view of 101/405 Interchange
- map: Traffic view of 5/10 Interchange
- map: Traffic view of San Diego County