ABC7 Traffic Center
Coldwater Canyon expected to see major delays due to DWP work
STUDIO CITY, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Drivers may want to steer clear of Coldwater Canyon Avenue through Studio City from now until next March as the Department of Water and Power works on replacing a major water line.
Beginning Wednesday, Coldwater Canyon Avenue will be reduced intermittently to just one lane of traffic between Halkirk Street and Avenida Del Sol. The closure will be between 9 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. on weekdays and some Saturdays.
"Major commuting hours are normally in the mornings," said Bob Smith from DWP.
A DWP crew will be replacing a nearly 100-year-old major water line that broke in 2009. The water-main break caused massive flooding and damaged several homes and businesses.
"It's not even an inconvenience any more. It's just super frustrating and super dangerous," said Raffi Piliguian, a Coldwater homeowner.
It will be replaced with roughly 1.3 miles of 54- and 60-inch diameter piping. So far, 985 feet of 60-inch pipe have been installed.
City News Service contributed to this report.
traffic delay, road closure, road construction, abc7 traffic center, rob hayes
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery 45 min ago
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery
- Good Friday: Pope remembers those who suffer
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Sub scours ocean for missing Malaysian jet
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)
- more: Get personalized traffic reports and alerts
- map: Traffic view of areas north and west of L.A.
- map: Traffic view of areas east of L.A.
- map: Traffic view of Orange County
- map: Traffic view of the Inland Empire
- map: Traffic view of Ventura County
- map: Traffic view of 101/405 Interchange
- map: Traffic view of 5/10 Interchange
- map: Traffic view of San Diego County