ABC7 Traffic Center
Coldwater Canyon expected to see major delays due to DWP work
STUDIO CITY, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Drivers may want to steer clear of Coldwater Canyon Avenue through Studio City from now until next March as the Department of Water and Power works on replacing a major water line.
Beginning Wednesday, Coldwater Canyon Avenue will be reduced intermittently to just one lane of traffic between Halkirk Street and Avenida Del Sol. The closure will be between 9 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. on weekdays and some Saturdays.
"Major commuting hours are normally in the mornings," said Bob Smith from DWP.
A DWP crew will be replacing a nearly 100-year-old major water line that broke in 2009. The water-main break caused massive flooding and damaged several homes and businesses.
"It's not even an inconvenience any more. It's just super frustrating and super dangerous," said Raffi Piliguian, a Coldwater homeowner.
It will be replaced with roughly 1.3 miles of 54- and 60-inch diameter piping. So far, 985 feet of 60-inch pipe have been installed.
City News Service contributed to this report.
traffic delay, road closure, road construction, abc7 traffic center, rob hayes
- Tornadoes strike Midwest; storms to persist 20 min ago
- Greuel, Garcetti make final stops across LA
- UC hospital workers to strike over higher pay
- Deputies gun down armed man during fight
- Man's body found in vacant apartment in IE
- Man shot, killed in Victorville; 1 arrested
- Hollywood High honored for musical theater 27 min ago
- Girl, 10, fatally shot inside NorCal home
- 2 killed in Turkey hot air balloon crash
- United's 787 Dreamliners back in service 30 min ago
- abcnews: Hofstra student killed in police standoff
- Yahoo buys Tumblr in $1.1 billion deal
- Taylor Swift wins big at Billboard Awards
- Photos: Best moments at Billboard Awards 2013
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
23 min ago
- more: Get personalized traffic reports and alerts
- map: Traffic view of areas north and west of L.A.
- map: Traffic view of areas east of L.A.
- map: Traffic view of Orange County
- map: Traffic view of the Inland Empire
- map: Traffic view of Ventura County
- map: Traffic view of 101/405 Interchange
- map: Traffic view of 5/10 Interchange
- map: Traffic view of San Diego County