ABC7 Traffic Center
2-ramp closure of I-405 at Wilshire is Friday
WEST LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A 90-day closure of on- and off-ramps to the 405 Freeway at Wilshire Boulevard is set to begin Friday.
The Wilshire Boulevard ramps will be demolished and reconstructed to build a 10-mile carpool lane on the northbound I-405 between the 10 and 101 freeways as part of the I-405 Sepulveda Pass Improvements Project.
Westbound Wilshire Boulevard on-ramp to the northbound I-405: Drivers are encouraged to travel northbound on Sepulveda Boulevard to access the Moraga Drive on-ramp, or travel southbound on Sepulveda Boulevard to access the Santa Monica Boulevard on-ramp.
Northbound I-405 off-ramp to westbound Wilshire Boulevard: Motorists should exit the freeway using the Santa Monica Boulevard off-ramp, then head northbound on Sepulveda Boulevard to Wilshire Boulevard.
As an alternative, drivers traveling northbound on the I-405 and westbound on the 10 Freeway will be directed to exit at Bundy Drive to reach their westbound Wilshire Boulevard destinations.
Officials said crews will be working night and day to finish the project as quickly as possible.
travel, traffic delay, abc7 traffic center
- Ambulance crash: 4 injured in Signal Hill 11 min ago
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- Teen survives CA to HI flight in wheel well 17 min ago
- Alleged arsonist sets fire in Hollywood
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 4-car crash
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- abcnews: Car bursts into flames in lion habitat
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role