ABC7 Traffic Center
2-ramp closure of I-405 at Wilshire is Friday
WEST LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A 90-day closure of on- and off-ramps to the 405 Freeway at Wilshire Boulevard is set to begin Friday.
The Wilshire Boulevard ramps will be demolished and reconstructed to build a 10-mile carpool lane on the northbound I-405 between the 10 and 101 freeways as part of the I-405 Sepulveda Pass Improvements Project.
Westbound Wilshire Boulevard on-ramp to the northbound I-405: Drivers are encouraged to travel northbound on Sepulveda Boulevard to access the Moraga Drive on-ramp, or travel southbound on Sepulveda Boulevard to access the Santa Monica Boulevard on-ramp.
Northbound I-405 off-ramp to westbound Wilshire Boulevard: Motorists should exit the freeway using the Santa Monica Boulevard off-ramp, then head northbound on Sepulveda Boulevard to Wilshire Boulevard.
As an alternative, drivers traveling northbound on the I-405 and westbound on the 10 Freeway will be directed to exit at Bundy Drive to reach their westbound Wilshire Boulevard destinations.
Officials said crews will be working night and day to finish the project as quickly as possible.
travel, traffic delay, abc7 traffic center
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought 18 min ago
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Hollywood burglary suspects caught on camera
- MoneyGram scam victims receive refund checks
- Venice boardwalk crash victims recount ordeal
- East LA coach charged with molesting 2 teens
- LAX suspect indicted on 1st-degree murder
- Yellowstone supervolcano bigger than thought
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Reporter rejects Toronto mayor's apology
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- abcnews: Father, daughter recreate wedding photos
- Timberlake helps fan propose to girlfriend
- Photos: Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts at 'August' debut