ABC7 Traffic Center
2-ramp closure of I-405 at Wilshire is Friday
WEST LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A 90-day closure of on- and off-ramps to the 405 Freeway at Wilshire Boulevard is set to begin Friday.
The Wilshire Boulevard ramps will be demolished and reconstructed to build a 10-mile carpool lane on the northbound I-405 between the 10 and 101 freeways as part of the I-405 Sepulveda Pass Improvements Project.
Westbound Wilshire Boulevard on-ramp to the northbound I-405: Drivers are encouraged to travel northbound on Sepulveda Boulevard to access the Moraga Drive on-ramp, or travel southbound on Sepulveda Boulevard to access the Santa Monica Boulevard on-ramp.
Northbound I-405 off-ramp to westbound Wilshire Boulevard: Motorists should exit the freeway using the Santa Monica Boulevard off-ramp, then head northbound on Sepulveda Boulevard to Wilshire Boulevard.
As an alternative, drivers traveling northbound on the I-405 and westbound on the 10 Freeway will be directed to exit at Bundy Drive to reach their westbound Wilshire Boulevard destinations.
Officials said crews will be working night and day to finish the project as quickly as possible.
travel, traffic delay, abc7 traffic center
- Body found in canyon ID'd as Maribel Ramos
- Brush fire scorches 575 acres in Castaic area
- Toddler, mom robbed by knife-wielding man
- Suspect killed inside Alhambra PD station
- Purse found in search for missing woman in IE
- Hacienda Heights soldier killed on 1st Iraq tour
- Greuel, Garcetti vie for last-minute votes
- Laguna Beach sexual assault suspect sought
- Calif. unemployment rate falls to 9 percent
- OJ Simpson knew buddies had guns - ex-lawyer
- Conn. commuter trains collide, 60 injured
- abcnews: Plane crash sole survivor breaks silence
- Michael Jackson death trial attorneys clash
- OTRC: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' movie review