ABC7 Traffic Center
60 East Freeway lanes reopen after fatal accident
SOUTH EL MONTE, Calif. -- Lanes on the eastbound 60 Freeway were reopened Monday morning after a pedestrian was fatally struck by a big rig at Rosemead Boulevard.
As of 6:30 a.m., three of four lanes were reopened following an investigation into the accident. By 8:30 a.m., all lanes had reopened. Lanes were completely shut starting at San Gabriel Boulevard. Drivers on the westbound 60 were also heavily affected by rubbernecking.
The 10 Freeway was suggested as an alternate route.
accident, abc7 traffic center
- Los Angeles mayoral race: Eric Garcetti wins
- Bear roams around Shadow Hills neighborhood
- Oklahoma tornado damage could top $2 billion
- ABC7 relief drive for Okla. tornado victims
- Prop D, limit on pot shops in LA, passes
- LA city attorney race: Mike Feuer wins
- Ron Galperin wins LA city controller race
- Video: Boycott Harvey Milk Day, group urges parents 18 min ago
- Immigration bill approved by Senate committee
- abcnews: Man fatally shot in Boston bombing probe
- Sleep remedies for a better night's rest 47 min ago
- MJ wrongful death trial: Damaging emails surface
- 'DWTS' season finale: New champion crowned
- Photos: 'Dancing With The Stars' week 10
- 'Captain Kangaroo' treasures now on sale
32 min ago