ABC7 Traffic Center
Freeway construction to affect drivers in Long Beach, San Fernando Valley
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Several highway construction projects will affect thousands of drivers from Long Beach to the San Fernando Valley starting Sunday.
Both directions of the 405 Freeway just east of Long Beach (from Seal Beach Boulevard west through the Seventh Street interchange) will be closed starting at 10 p.m. and will reopen 5 a.m. Monday.
A $1 million bridge-repair project in Norwalk will affect drivers heading south on the 605 Freeway, hoping to head west on the 105 Freeway. The transition road from the 605 South to the 105 West will be closed also from 10 p.m. and will reopen 5 a.m. Monday.
There's also a big closure in the San Gabriel Valley, where both directions of the 10 Freeway will be closed for about four miles from the 605 to Puente Avenue after midnight.
Work is also ongoing on the 5 Freeway in the San Fernando Valley near the Hollywood Freeway junction.
In the Canyon Country area, lane closures on the 14 Freeway between Sand Canyon Road and the Sierra Highway ramps will begin at 7 p.m. Monday through Saturday. Just two lanes of the freeway in each direction will be kept open after 7 p.m. all next week, with that squeezed down to one lane after midnight.
Also, "Ramp Jam" continues in Westwood, with ramps between the northbound 405 Freeway and westbound Wilshire Boulevard out of commission until further notice.
Drivers will be able to exit the 605 and take surface streets through Long Beach, Rossmoor and Seal Beach to reach the 405, or they can exit at Katella Avenue, go right on Los Alamitos Boulevard/Seal Beach Boulevard to get the southbound 405.
Motorists can also exit at Spring Street in Long Beach and go left on Woodruff Avenue to reach the southbound 405.
Overnight Sunday through Thursday, drivers were urged to exit the 605 at Willow, turn left on Studebaker, left on East Second Street/Westminster Avenue, then left at Seal Beach Boulevard to reach the 405 south.
City News Service contributed to this report.
long beach, san fernando valley, antelope valley, san gabriel valley, road closure, road construction, traffic delay, travel, abc7 traffic center
- Woman attacked at OC mall parking structure
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- 12 arrested, $2.5M in drugs seized in sting 38 min ago
- Ex-deputy convicted in fatal bar shooting 5 min ago
- Bell's Rizzo to plead guilty to tax evasion
- Car slams into Ventura house; driver arrested
- House easily approves bipartisan budget bill
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense presents case 51 min ago
- abcnews: Ohio police chief slams Kanye West
- Klinsmann to remain as US coach through 2018
- Sitting still for hours raises blood clot risk 10 min ago
- Giant lobster caught in Huntington Beach
- Redmond O'Neal testifies in Fawcett art case
- OTRC: Disney Channel film to feature Belle's son
- Echo Park apartment fire deemed suspicious
42 min ago