ABC7 Traffic Center
I-405 Ramp Jam worsens with Westside schools now in session
WESTWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- "Ramp Jam," the temporary closures of Wilshire Boulevard on and offramps to the I-405, began in June, and as motorists who try to maneuver around the construction will tell you, it's been rough.
Motorist Josh Cummins says he spent nearly an hour sitting in rush hour traffic at the intersection of Wilshire and Sepulveda boulevards Tuesday morning.
"I just sat there for probably 45 minutes or something like that. It gets really rough, there's a lot of construction going on there," said the Santa Monica resident. "I guess it's just something that you've got to deal with."
"Over the next year, we will have to demolish and reconstruct all of the ramps here at Wilshire Boulevard - and there's eight of them - so we're not going to be leaving this area any time soon," said Dave Sotero of Metro.
While ramp construction continues, so does the work on the Mulholland Bridge a few miles north on I-405.
"Carmageddon: The Sequel" is scheduled for the last weekend in September. That's where the 405 Freeway in both directions between the 10 and 101 freeways will be shut down so crews can demolish the north side of the bridge for reconstruction.
Just like last year's Carmageddon, drivers are asked to avoid the area during the closure.
travel, traffic delay, road closure, abc7 traffic center, sid garcia
- Injured LAPD officer released from hospital 20 min ago
- LA Marathon: Ethiopian runners sweep race
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- Los Angeles Marathon 2014 street closures
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- William Clay Ford, Lions owner, dies
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks